• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Track insurance

When my insurance policy renewed I got a ridder stating that any events on any type of race track voided the coverage of the policy. I haven't been to the track all year and would like to go to Mid Ohio but haven't been able to find supplement insurance. Any ideas??

When my insurance policy renewed I got a ridder stating that any events on any type of race track voided the coverage of the policy.

Driving on a track voids the policy, or it voids and damage that occurs while on the track? I would hate to think that just being on a track would void your policy!

When I got quotes on insurance last year many agents asked if I have been to "driving school". When I answered yes the quote was almost double than when I answered no. I tried this with 4 agents and several online groups. I wound up going w/ "show car" insurance (state farm). $90 a month w/ no limit on miles per year. This covers the additional value of any mods on the car. I had to provide pictures of the car at local shows and new photos when a mod is performed on the car. The policy will not cover anything that happens at a race/track event. :mad:

FYI a friend of mine who put his F360CS into the wall in May just got his car back last week. Insurance covered it.

The car was back on the same track the morning after he got it back. They did not modify his policy going forward. Premium increased by $300 per 6 mos. :yikes:

FYI a friend of mine who put his F360CS into the wall in May just got his car back last week. Insurance covered it.

The car was back on the same track the morning after he got it back. They did not modify his policy going forward. Premium increased by $300 per 6 mos. :yikes:
I assume this friend is also in Canada?

Among insurance companies in the States, even the few who would cover such an incident are likely to either (a) renew the policy with a new rider excluding track coverage, or (b) cancel the policy when it is due for renewal.

did he tell them he crashed it at the track
or did he conveinently crash it about 2 miles from the track in a ditch ;)

Yes, another CDN.

I was shocked when he told they didnt slap him with a rider saying no future track events, DE or not.

But so far, they've not changed anything with his policy. He told me that they told him that "we are not sure if we have to cover this, but we are choosing to". There was no chassis damage, needed all the panels on one side replaced along with the mirror. $80k.

Back