• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Transmission Oil Question

We are currently replacing the clutch in my 92 (me and a certified Acura/Honda tech)... I have noticed that the book calls for 'Manual transmission oil' when refilling the transmission. Does anyone have any experience with putting 5w30 motor oil back in the tranny, or would anyone even know if that will suffice? Since it is sunday, I am stuck with no means of obtaining any Honda Manual Transmission oil. Please respond if you have any input on this question. Thanks. (Oh, by the way, i'm going with the Clutchmasters Stage 1. I'll let everyone know how it works out. Can't beat it at $895.00)

The manual says you can use 10W-30 weight motor oil. I'm going to do a tranny fluid change soon and I'm going to switch to Redline transmission fluid as I have only heard good things about it.

Have fun!

Originally posted by Dr.Lane:
The manual says you can use 10W-30 weight motor oil. I'm going to do a tranny fluid change soon and I'm going to switch to Redline transmission fluid as I have only heard good things about it. Have fun!

I've used 10w-30 and found it to be fine in the summer but too stiff in the winter. I've heard the same about Redline in cold weather. It may be that none of this matters where you are.

Always use HONDA MTL. You'll never have any problems--no matter how hard, fast or slow you drive your car. It also works for short gears and other R&P combos. I know of at least two people who had problems with the Redline and their problems went away when they switched to Honda MTL.

DanO

Thanks for the input.. here's a pic of my glorious sunday so far.
attachment.php

attachment.php

[This message has been edited by NSXnBRLA (edited 04 November 2001).]

Back