• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Tried to steal my light bar

Greetings

Haven't been here for quite some time. A few days back, I was out meeting friends for lunch over at River Mark. As I came out I heard the alarm on my car going off. I walked over and some young guys -- guessing about 20 or so were there. One apologized for "bumping" it. He had a screwdriver or some type of tool in his pocket. We talked for a couple of minutes and then we all left. I noticed a "noise" when driving back to work. Looked that night and noticed that someone had removed the 2 left covers over the fitting which hold the light bar in place in the spoiler. I suspect these guys were trying to steal the light bar and my interruption saved me a few hundred dollars. Doesn't look like screws hold it in place. Does anyone know? I need to fix it and think it will cost a lot if I take it to Acura.

Martin

Wow, not sure why you'd walk up on 20 young guys in the first place. Assuming you were unarmed that probably wasn't the smartest thing to do. I'm glad you kept your light but damn, at least stick a pistol in you pocket. Unless your Chuck Norris.

Wow, not sure why you'd walk up on 20 young guys in the first place. Assuming you were unarmed that probably wasn't the smartest thing to do. I'm glad you kept your light but damn, at least stick a pistol in you pocket. Unless your Chuck Norris.

LOL........I think he meant they were a couple of guys in their 20s.

they prob wanted to mount it on their rav4 LOL 5 screws and 5 caps. are you missing any caps?

Funny, just read this. I noticed a rattle from the rear at idle the other day. Found 3 of the 5 screws were almost out! Oddly though the other two were screwed down hard still. Glad I caught it.

I don't think they were gonna steal your light bar. Those screws come loose. It's a common problem.

One day I notice something sounded loose in the rear by the spoiler and turns out it was the spoiler light was loose.
Yep, those screws do come loose. Remove 5 caps and just retighten them 5 screws and you should be good to go.

Sorry for not doing a better job in original posting. There were 3 of the 20 something guys. There were 4 of us. Cost of replacement parts at Acura were $38 -- Still cheaper than buying a replacement led lightbar.

Back