• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Trunk not opening with button?

Hey guys my trunk switch does not open my trunk anymore. Awhile back it would work when it wanted now it doesn't work at all. The switch in the glove box is good and in the on position. I took a volt meter and checked it out and its getting power. Also played with the switch in the glove box and it does its job. Switch it off and no power to the button. I can open with the key but if I'm out with the car and close the key in the trunk.......that would not be cool. Any suggestions?

You have checked for power at the switch and found 12 v, so the supply fuse is good.

Your test of the door switch was a little unclear. With the glove box switch closed (on), did you confirm that you are getting 12 v at the door switch?

The opening solenoid for the trunk latch mechanism is located in the trunk on the left fender wall (same area as the antenna drive) with a cable that connects to the trunk latch. Pull the trunk lining to expose the parts. Have somebody actuate the door switch and with the trunk open, carefully listen or watch for the operation of the solenoid. If you hear / see the solenoid operate, then you have a broken cable, or broken / loose cable connections at the latch or the solenoid. No solenoid noise / operation suggests a burned out solenoid or a broken electrical connection between the solenoid and the door switch.

If the solenoid is not operating, pull the wht/ blkt wire off check for 12v to ground while somebody presses the door button. If you don't get 12v, then the wire between the solenoid and the door switch is broken or has become disconnected some where. If you get 12 v on the wht/blk wire, then your solenoid is faulty.

Last edited:
Back