• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Trusted place for oil change?

Hey Colorado guys! I will be making a (very) quick little road trip to Denver next week in my NSX, and the mileage works out in such a way that I should probably get an oil change while I'm there, before I head back. Can anyone recommend a good place to go in the Littleton/Denver area? (A quick search didn't yield any info... )

Thanks all!

What route you taking to Denver?

Took the 15 out of LA, then cut across the 70 into Denver. Gonna head back tomorrow, going the same route. Man I love some of the scenery along those highways... amazing.

I wish I could have played tourist more driving through colorado. But EVERYTIME I drive, I get 100% focused in on driving instead of any of the scenery around me. I think i need to get on a motorcycle again and ride sloooooow, or atleast 50% slower and less aggressive than I normally do.

Took the 15 out of LA, then cut across the 70 into Denver. Gonna head back tomorrow, going the same route. Man I love some of the scenery along those highways... amazing.

Isnt it great?!?!

Did you get your oil change already and what not? If not the Acura in Blounder is going to be the closest

A couple pictures from a few years ago of my one way trip out of colorado on the 70. We were between Rifle and Grand Junction I believe. Who says traffic jams are bad? I thought it was actually pretty cool because I was the first to get out of my car and hang out. Then everyone else around me parked it, turned it off, then came out to check the scenery. It was a very nice temp wise and with everyone's motors off, it stayed cool. Plus we were lucky enough to get shade :) We were stopped for a good 2-3 hours though.

14601DSCF00021.JPG

14601DSCF0005.JPG

14601DSCF0003.JPG

Awesome pics, KoolAid!!

Man... I'm glad I didn't run into any traffic that bad... but at least you had some great scenery to look at while you waited! :cool:

Well, I have to admit I didn't even have time to get my oil changed while I was there :frown: It was a pretty crazy trip... there was some family stuff that came up last minute, so I had to get out there, stay for a day, then rush back to LA so I can get back to work. The whole reason I drove instead of flying was so that I could at least get a little "mini vacation" in the drive itself! Haha. But thanks to all of you for your suggestions.

Oh, something "fun" did happen tho... my power steering died! It was a pain in the ass while in town, but I have to admit... once you're going faster than, say, 20, it feels great! Haha.

Oh, something else interesting... I averaged between 28-34 mpg during the trip! Wow! I had no idea these cars were so efficient. Honda FTW. Who needs a hybrid anyway?? :biggrin:

Here are two pics from along the way:

5046_218270235163_571680163_7449907_7622238_n.jpg

5046_218270900163_571680163_7449910_4123362_n.jpg

Glad ur trip turned out safe...sorry about your power steering tho. I took it out of my ITR in 2001 (still have her without it) and boy do i LOVE my PS in the NSX. lol

Let me know what your fuel economy back in california is. I bet you it's the fuel. I averaged 28-29 in texas. Slightly less in Colorado, prob about 26-27. Then in California somewhere about 24 mpg tops.

Oh and I drove REALLY fast in texas 85-90 mph, slightly slower in colorado 75-80. But I creep on the freeway in california at 65-70 mph.

It's the gas, it HAS to be.......

Let me know what your fuel economy back in california is. I bet you it's the fuel. I averaged 28-29 in texas. Slightly less in Colorado, prob about 26-27. Then in California somewhere about 24 mpg tops.

Are you saying you think that the fuel in Cali gives you less MPG?

Oh and I drove REALLY fast in texas 85-90 mph, slightly slower in colorado 75-80. But I creep on the freeway in california at 65-70 mph.

It's the gas, it HAS to be.......

Orrrr... it just proves that going faster is more fuel efficient! Science wins again! :biggrin:

Glad ur trip turned out safe...sorry about your power steering tho. I took it out of my ITR in 2001 (still have her without it) and boy do i LOVE my PS in the NSX. lol

THanks man! And yeah, I do miss the PS... haha. As soon as I have time I'll get it fixed... I guess I was just surprised that it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be...

Are you saying you think that the fuel in Cali gives you less MPG?

That is what I would be thinking. I'm wondering if the additives in California gas to burn cleaner actually make us burn more gas. Makes sense because the air standards here are stricter.

I brought two vehicles back from colorado when I moved home to california after my enlistment. I had my 49 state NA1 nsx and my california model 4.0 V6 Ford Ranger. I also got a chance to drive both vehicles down from colorado to california.

Regardless of gas station. What I noticed in my ranger was, in Colorado I could rely on an average of 20 mpg 50/50 combined city and highway, 23 mpg highway, and my brother even got 25 mpg highway regularly in Utah. He drives more "cautious" than I do though. Same truck in california, I get ~ 20 mpg highway. 3 mpg loss.

NSX also lost about 3 mpg compared colorado to california. Even with cruise control. Not to mention I set cruise here at 65-70 mph and in colorado 75-80 mph.

A similar comparison in colorado, winter fuel vs regular fuel.

The argument could be altitude, and that make sense. However what throws that idea out the window is that I got my all time best fuel economy in driving from Houston to Colorado. This is where I EASILY got 29 mpg highway going atleast 85-90mph. NO CRUISE CONTROL.

Orrrr... it just proves that going faster is more fuel efficient! Science wins again! :biggrin:

Sometimes I wonder about that, like if 80mph is actually the sweet spot.

Last edited:
Back