• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

tsc nonstop blinking

Hi guys, so today I took my nsx for tires change ready for track, after all the research I figure I should try 255/40/17 in the front "widebody" 265/35/18 Rear. My rear tires has seen many track days, when I got my front tire swap, when I was driving on local, the TSC light just keep blinking and i cant even rev or go more than 40mph, so I ask my friend about this situation, he saids maybe the abs sense the rotation of front and rear wheel are different, because the front has way more traction than rear. Then I took the TSC fuse out, then everything is fine. Have any seen this question or experience themselve?

Thanks

Last edited:
I have the same blinking TCS issue constantly now that I'm turbo'd...:wink:

I'm not a tire guru but the ratios that you described don't seem correct. From my experience 235 rubs and 255 would really rub- and maybe too tall- which would confuse TCS.
But you also made a "widebody" reference that I didn't understand. Are you a widebody? If you are, why only 265 rear when I run 275 and others run same and wider on standard fendered NSX's?

yes i meant by I have a widebody, I didnt run 275rear cause my car is very slow.....
so what did you do to solve this problem?

Last edited:
So you're running
255/40/17 Fronts:eek::eek:
265/35/18 rears
and you're wondering why the TCS is going off constantly?
Is this an April Fools joke?? :smile:

I'll wait for nsxtasy to chime in with what tire he thinks would match a 255/40/17 front for TCS to not have any issues...

Last edited:
So you're running
255/40/17 Fronts:eek::eek:
265/35/18 rears
and you're wondering why the TCS is going off constantly?
Is this an April Fools joke?? :smile:

That's pretty much what I was getting at- but not quite as directly.
You're over the acceptable ratio (2.5% IIRC) for TCS to function correctly.
We're the Formula Red 95-T black wheel/ side vent club and we're here to help! :biggrin:

Last edited:
The proper tire to match the 265/35/18 rear is a 215/40/17 front and that won't cause any TCS blinking issues.

For TCS to function properly, the ratio of the front outer diameter to the rear outer diameter needs to be within about 5 percent of stock, but because of other variables (like treadwear), 3 percent is better.

A '91-93 NSX has 205/50-15 and 225/50-16 stock tire sizes. The rear outer diameter is 7.8 percent larger than the front. As long as the rear is roughly 4.8 to 10.8 percent larger than the front, you won't have problems.

215/40-17 front and 265/35-18 rear work because you're increasing the outer diameter in front by 3.0 percent and in the rear by 1.8 percent, so the rear outer diameter is 6.6 percent larger than the front (you've reduced that ratio by 1.2 percent, the difference between the changes in the front and rear). So it will still work.

255/40-17 front and 265/35-18 rear don't work because you're increasing the outer diameter in front by 8.5 percent and in the rear by 1.8 percent, so the rear outer diameter is only 1.1 percent larger than the rear. So the TCS won't work.

And the car will oversteer big-time, too. Don't lift off the accelerator suddenly!

Back