• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

tsw indy 500

Stick with the jap brands You will be a lot happier, knockoffs are junk.
Huh ? What exactly are they knocking off, this company has been in business for over 30 years.

I think it looks pretty nice btw.

indy500_chrome_reg_pop_white.jpg

Try em, should look good. Just not a fan of chrome. What offsets and sizes are available?

Where are they made? Volks, Work, Prodrive, All made in Japan, Kinda where your nsx was made!

And HRE, BBS aren't made in Japan. Goodyear GS D3 is made in China. Japan does not automatically mean best quality.

I have a set of "knock off" Privats and a set of extremely high dollar Lowenharts. They both bend the same when I hit a pot hole and they are both round and they both hold air and both are able to mount tires on to, they both mount to my car, they both do not require spacers, they are both made of aluminum, they both hold together well in excess of 160+ mph, and they both allow me to turn my car when I turn the wheel. I think the biggest difference was the Privats set me back $750 set/shipped and the Lowenharts were originally about $5000/set. Oh here's the kicker, the 18/19 cheapo privats weigh less alot than most of the high dollar rims with exception of those crazy expensive super lightweight volks.

Last edited:
Try em, should look good. Just not a fan of chrome. What offsets and sizes are available?

And HRE, BBS aren't made in Japan. Goodyear GS D3 is made in China. Japan does not automatically mean best quality.

I have a set of "knock off" Privats and a set of extremely high dollar Lowenharts. They both bend the same when I hit a pot hole and they are both round and they both hold air and both are able to mount tires on to, they both mount to my car, they both do not require spacers, they are both made of aluminum, they both hold together well in excess of 160+ mph, and they both allow me to turn my car when I turn the wheel. I think the biggest difference was the Privats set me back $750 set/shipped and the Lowenharts were originally about $5000/set. Oh here's the kicker, the 18/19 cheapo privats weigh less alot than most of the high dollar rims with exception of those crazy expensive super lightweight volks.[/QUOTE

Well said, I think they look great! I have TSW wheels..no problems, they balance well and for a daily driver I don't see the point in spending a ton of cash on some ugly ass wheels because they weigh a few pounds less....buy what your like.

I have a set of "knock off" Privats and a set of extremely high dollar Lowenharts. They both bend the same when I hit a pot hole and they are both round and they both hold air and both are able to mount tires on to, they both mount to my car, they both do not require spacers, they are both made of aluminum, they both hold together well in excess of 160+ mph, and they both allow me to turn my car when I turn the wheel. I think the biggest difference was the Privats set me back $750 set/shipped and the Lowenharts were originally about $5000/set. Oh here's the kicker, the 18/19 cheapo privats weigh less alot than most of the high dollar rims with exception of those crazy expensive super lightweight volks.

I also have the privats + the oem wheels and also had the Tsw's. I agree with Koolaid. I love the way they look on my car:

Privat's
nsx0021.jpg

Tsw's
yellownsx03_021.jpg

they come in silver as well- don't loke chrome either.
i was just asking to see if someone has those to verify if spacers are necessary - a no no for me (pain in the butt).
they come in 17x8x40 et and 18x9.5x40 et i believe. they do look decent but can't find any weight info.
i am not a brand whore- if the product is good and price is decent, thats all i need.
i love the privats too but i decided to stick with 17/18.

Stick with the jap brands You will be a lot happier, knockoffs are junk.

i think what he means is being that the nsx is considered an exotic, why get a car like an nsx and settle for inexpensive wheels.. i personally have tsw's on my car and DO NOT consider them unique or of high quality.

basically, why purchase an nsx for anywhere from 30k to 40k and go half ass on the wheels.

TSW= CAST WHEEL

HRE, BBS, VOLK= FORGED ALUMINIUM

EVEN SSR WHEELS THAT ARENT FORGED BUT ARENT CAST EITHER... BEING A SEMI SOLID FORGING..

basically, my saying is, anything that CAN fit on a dodge caravan shouldnt be installed on a nsx... tsw makes offsets and fitments for all cars whereas the bbs, hre, fikse, kinesis, ssr and work wheels are unique to jdm sport cars...

just my 2 cents.

again, i have tsw's on my car right now, 18x8 and 19x10 and when i have the opportunity to change them, i definitely will.

I dont consider them in the same level as konig or mb motoring but i personally dont think they belong on an exotic car like the nsx..

have you ever seen tsw wheels on a lambo or ferrari? and yes, i do consider the nsx in that level of car..

good day.

Nice look wheels guys. Should throw up a post in this thread for future reference for all nsx owners

http://nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46639

they come in silver as well- don't loke chrome either.
i was just asking to see if someone has those to verify if spacers are necessary - a no no for me (pain in the butt).
they come in 17x8x40 et and 18x9.5x40 et i believe. they do look decent but can't find any weight info.
i am not a brand whore- if the product is good and price is decent, thats all i need.
i love the privats too but i decided to stick with 17/18.

Sounds like perfect fitment to me in terms of sizes and offset. I'd be really tempted to try! Have you messed with the fitment program on discount tire? They've got great prices on TSW and the operator should be able to help to. Maybe ask a discount tire retail store to order them for you with their agreement that it'll work w/o spacers. Then if it doesn't work out, you should be able to be refunded.

I want to goto 17/18, down from my current sets of 18/19.

i think what he means is being that the nsx is considered an exotic, why get a car like an nsx and settle for inexpensive wheels.. i personally have tsw's on my car and DO NOT consider them unique or of high quality.

basically, why purchase an nsx for anywhere from 30k to 40k and go half ass on the wheels.

TSW= CAST WHEEL

HRE, BBS, VOLK= FORGED ALUMINIUM

EVEN SSR WHEELS THAT ARENT FORGED BUT ARENT CAST EITHER... BEING A SEMI SOLID FORGING..

basically, my saying is, anything that CAN fit on a dodge caravan shouldnt be installed on a nsx... tsw makes offsets and fitments for all cars whereas the bbs, hre, fikse, kinesis, ssr and work wheels are unique to jdm sport cars...

just my 2 cents.

again, i have tsw's on my car right now, 18x8 and 19x10 and when i have the opportunity to change them, i definitely will.

I dont consider them in the same level as konig or mb motoring but i personally dont think they belong on an exotic car like the nsx..

have you ever seen tsw wheels on a lambo or ferrari? and yes, i do consider the nsx in that level of car..

Last time I checked, Rays did manufacture fully cast wheels. Unless you're talking volks alone, even then they have wheels that are cast centers. Did I mention I've bent forged rims but not my cheap cast privats?

BTW = nsx isn't a HIGH dollar vehicle like the lambo or ferrari. That's why you don't see them on those italian cars. Plus, those cars look pretty darn good with stock wheels. My 15/16's make me wanna hide my face when I drive with them on. ANY wheel is better than those 15/16. I love my nsx but to me it's still a honda, just a very fancy honda. I'd run TSWs on "my lambo or ferrari" before I'd voluntarily run the stock 15/16 on the nsx unless it's an emergency.

Oh and I am certain without a doubt you can find bbs, hre, fikse, kinesis, ssr and works wheels that'll fit just right on a dodge caravan. What's wrong with a dodge caravan? #1 selling mini van in america. Last time I checked, those wheel makers have wheels that'll fit just about anything and everything.

TSW = economical universal wheels
BBS/HRE/Volks/etc = expensive universal wheels

I'm sorry but a $1,000 wheel isnt necessarily better than a $150 cast wheel.
The NSX is blessed with a very popular bolt pattern 5x4.5 and a decent offset which gives it a pretty nice amount of wheel choices both expensive and cheap.

Last edited:
thx for replies. obviously that is not my only wheel choice but i want to make an educated one- weight is a big issue for me but not at the cost of 4k for a set. good idea on the 'fit program' with discount but that will require a commitment to buy- what if i don't like the way it fits?
i will not put junk on my car but just because it is tsw it does not mean it is crap- my first choice is enkei rpf1 as of now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Size Bolt Pattern (mm) Offset (mm) Weight (lbs) Availability Per Rim

17" x 8" 5/114.3 20 - - $187.99

17" x 8" 5/120 20 - - $187.99

17" x 8" 5/112 32 - - $187.99

17" x 8" 5/100 35 - - $187.99

17" x 8" 5/120 35 - - $187.99

17" x 8" 5/114.3 40 - - $187.99

17" x 8" 5/112 45 - - $187.99

18" x 8" 5/114.3 20 - - $219.99

18" x 8" 5/120 20 - - $219.99

18" x 8" 5/112 32 - - $219.99

18" x 8" 5/100 35 - - $219.99

18" x 8" 5/120 35 - - $219.99

18" x 8" 5/114.3 40 - - $219.99

18" x 8" 5/112 45 - - $219.99

18" x 9.5" 5/114.3 20 - - $219.99

18" x 9.5" 5/120 20 - - $219.99

18" x 9.5" 5/112 35 - - $219.99

18" x 9.5" 5/114.3 40 - - $219.99

18" x 9.5" 5/120 45 - - $219.99

19" x 8" 5/114.3 20 - - $257.99

19" x 8" 5/120 20 - - $257.99

19" x 8" 5/112 32 - - $257.99

19" x 8" 5/100 35 - - $257.99

19" x 8" 5/120 35 - - $257.99

19" x 8" 5/114.3 40 - - $257.99

19" x 8" 5/112 45 - - $257.99

19" x 9.5" 5/114.3 20 - - $257.99

19" x 9.5" 5/120 20 - - $257.99

19" x 9.5" 5/112 35 - - $257.99

19" x 9.5" 5/114.3 40 - - $257.99

19" x 9.5" 5/120 45 - - $257.99

20" x 10" 5/114.3 25 - - $295.99

20" x 10" 5/120 25 - - $295.99

20" x 10" 5/120 35 - - $295.99

20" x 10" 5/114.3 40 - - $295.99

20" x 10" 5/112 42 - - $295.99

20" x 8.5" 5/114.3 20 - - $295.99

20" x 8.5" 5/120 20 - - $295.99

20" x 8.5" 5/112 35 - - $295.99

20" x 8.5" 5/120 35 - - $295.99

20" x 8.5" 5/114.3 40 - - $295.99

Last edited by a moderator:
I like these wheels. Looks great to me... and that's all that matters.

Not the best angle on this photo.

Attachments

• car show.jpg
    car show.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 296
18x9 weight is 25lb- kinda porky but in-line with other cast wheels.

The weight is no surprise considering the size of the spokes on that wheel. My privat 19x9.5 weighed 20 lbs. 18x8 weighed 19 lbs.

Someone did an indepth experiment on the effect of heavier wheels vs light wheels on their nsx. The verdict is the difference was very small but I felt a huge difference going from my 18/19 back to stock. My acceleration was slower it felt and probably by the numbers, but in the corners my porky wheels out handled the 15/16. So there was a trade off.

Check out this wheel. They're one of my favorites but also PORKY. Surprise it's Volks! And my cheapo cast privats weight over 5 lbs less each!

Volk Racing Campionato SS7
Volk Racing Campionato or "Championship" SS7 wheels from our friends at VOLK Racing (sounds like they took a beginning class in Italiano). In Gunmetal.
17x8.0 5x114 +43 - 22.5lbs
18x9.5 5x114 +38 - 25.5lbs

http://www.daliracing.com/v666-5/catalog/index_browse_part.cfm?focus=1993
campionato-ss7.image.jpg

Last edited:
Nice look wheels guys. Should throw up a post in this thread for future reference for all nsx owners

http://nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46639

Sounds like perfect fitment to me in terms of sizes and offset. I'd be really tempted to try! Have you messed with the fitment program on discount tire? They've got great prices on TSW and the operator should be able to help to. Maybe ask a discount tire retail store to order them for you with their agreement that it'll work w/o spacers. Then if it doesn't work out, you should be able to be refunded.

I want to goto 17/18, down from my current sets of 18/19.

Last time I checked, Rays did manufacture fully cast wheels. Unless you're talking volks alone, even then they have wheels that are cast centers. Did I mention I've bent forged rims but not my cheap cast privats?

BTW = nsx isn't a HIGH dollar vehicle like the lambo or ferrari. That's why you don't see them on those italian cars. Plus, those cars look pretty darn good with stock wheels. My 15/16's make me wanna hide my face when I drive with them on. ANY wheel is better than those 15/16. I love my nsx but to me it's still a honda, just a very fancy honda. I'd run TSWs on "my lambo or ferrari" before I'd voluntarily run the stock 15/16 on the nsx unless it's an emergency.

Oh and I am certain without a doubt you can find bbs, hre, fikse, kinesis, ssr and works wheels that'll fit just right on a dodge caravan. What's wrong with a dodge caravan? #1 selling mini van in america. Last time I checked, those wheel makers have wheels that'll fit just about anything and everything.

TSW = economical universal wheels
BBS/HRE/Volks/etc = expensive universal wheels
TO KOOLAID

if you think so highly of the tsw's go to discount tire and purchase them...... they are absolute junk. last i checked, i can get a set of work emotions for about 100 dollars more from science of speed...

maybe you should get them chromed before you put them on your nsx... that would look "balla"

and btw, unfortunately, i cant explain why your forged wheels bent but your cheap cast wheels didnt.. i didnt see what potholes you hit or whether you hit the same exact one and the forged ones for some ungodly reason bent but the crap ones didnt...

shame on you for writing that you would put tsw wheels on a lambo or ferrari.... WOW.

lastly, im not knocking the caravan, but any wheel that would fit both the caravan AND the nsx i wouldnt put on my car...thats just me...

maybe if i had a honda civic hatch i wouldnt care but I dont..

more power to you for liking the tsw wheels... i personally dont... i spent too much on my car to be frugal on my wheels... but, to each his own... Ive got a nice set of "QUALITY" tsw wheels in a 18/19 that you can buy since you praise them so much... just pm me and i will reply with a price..hopefully when you get a lambo or ferrari you can get a set of adaptors to make them fit your new car....

thx for replies. obviously that is not my only wheel choice but i want to make an educated one- weight is a big issue for me but not at the cost of 4k for a set. good idea on the 'fit program' with discount but that will require a commitment to buy- what if i don't like the way it fits?
i will not put junk on my car but just because it is tsw it does not mean it is crap- my first choice is enkei rpf1 as of now.

a buddy of mine that manages vividracing.com quoted me on a set of 18x8 and 19x9.5 enkei rpf1's for 1300 shipped to my door. that wheel would be a GREAT alternative to the tsw.

if you are interested, call jeff aguilar at 480 966 3040.

TO KOOLAID

if you think so highly of the tsw's go to discount tire and purchase them...... they are absolute junk. last i checked, i can get a set of work emotions for about 100 dollars more from science of speed...

maybe you should get them chromed before you put them on your nsx... that would look "balla"

and btw, unfortunately, i cant explain why your forged wheels bent but your cheap cast wheels didnt.. i didnt see what potholes you hit or whether you hit the same exact one and the forged ones for some ungodly reason bent but the crap ones didnt...

shame on you for writing that you would put tsw wheels on a lambo or ferrari.... WOW.

lastly, im not knocking the caravan, but any wheel that would fit both the caravan AND the nsx i wouldnt put on my car...thats just me...

maybe if i had a honda civic hatch i wouldnt care but I dont..

more power to you for liking the tsw wheels... i personally dont... i spent too much on my car to be frugal on my wheels... but, to each his own... Ive got a nice set of "QUALITY" tsw wheels in a 18/19 that you can buy since you praise them so much... just pm me and i will reply with a price..hopefully when you get a lambo or ferrari you can get a set of adaptors to make them fit your new car....

WTF are you rambling about?

just fyi guys, for those interested in rpf1's- dali still has the best price for a set at $920.
thanks for your replies! :smile:

Back