• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Twin turbo info needed

My hybrid TT is on the road and I am starting the Greddy e-manage tuning for the 2 thru 6.5 lb boost. I am happy to say the boost starts around 2,800 but the problem is at 2psi when the throttle will stay at this position when I lift off. By turning off the key the boost ceases and throttle control returns. Not happy. I have no binding and everything works good with low or no boost. Corky Bell has no answers, Aerocharger is next. The only change to the turbo boost sensor is the location. Rather than after the aftercooler I went to the compressor housing for quicker response. This might be the problem but I am not sure. Thanks, Dan Oh, the other things I changed, Air/water aftercooler with large radiator in front, all pipes hot coated to turbo, upgraded aerodynes, got rid of the extra injectors in leu of R/C 440's and the e-manage to run it all. Cheers

Tunapie,

I wish I had an answer to give you but I have never worked with the e-manage before. Please explain further what is going on...

Are you only having problems at part throttle? Or is it even with full throttle?

I can tell you this for sure that you should not encounter a noticable boost level by going direct to the turbo rather than the intercooler. The intercooler should work fine.

Are you certain that you have delt with the MAP sensor accordingly? If there is a faulty install on the MAP bypass sensor this could cause your problem.

Let me know

Originally posted by tunapie:
the problem is at 2psi when the throttle will stay at this position when I lift off. By turning off the key the boost ceases and throttle control returns.

If you haven't found a fix yet.. Could you explain this problem better? If you take your foot off the gas, there's no way the turbos are going to continue to make boost, unless the throttle is in fact being opened. It doesn't sound like a problem with the turbos themselves, maybe it relates to the Emanage or the gas pedal/linkage.

Or, it could be that you're not actually running the 2psi when taking your foot off the gas that you think you are. The turbos probably spool down after you take your foot off the throttle but possibly you have boost trapped in the line where your boost sensor(s) are, and/or the boost sensor is going bad..

Marc

Back