• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

U2 Concert?

Anyone else going to U2 at Soldier Field September 12 (or 13)? I will be at the concert on the 12th :smile:

Should I be more worried than usual about parking the NSX at Soldier Field?

-Dave
'04 NA2 Rio Yellow / Onyx

If i was you i wouldn't take the car there. I don't know about you but i had a rule: don't take the nsx when you can't see it while it's parked.

Yeah, parking preferences get debated plenty here, but your's is pretty broad...I can't see it right now parked in the lot at work, for example.

Just wondering if Soldier Field would be *that* different than any other public parking area.

I can see an argument that it should be better - assuming there is some amount of security present for the event?

Soldier Field has one of the "better" parking lots if this is what you're asking about.

That's pretty much what I was looking for, yes.

I recognize the inherent danger with "public" parking, but just wanted to check if there was some local info like, "OMG NEVER park at Soldier Field - 37 cars were vandalized / stolen during the last game..." or some such.

(Now, if those 37 cars had Packer stickers during a Bears game, that's understandable...)

Thanks.

I was invited to go, but I have a party in the suburbs to go to:frown:

Isnt there underground parking over there? Not that it is better.

fwiw, everything worked out fine. I bought pre-paid parking in the Waldron Deck, the deck itself had a pretty empty section on the first level. To be safe, I parked next to a 911 Turbo :smile: He left before we did, but no one had even parked on the other side.

Then, while waiting in line to get out of the garage, put on a little show by taking the roof out while waiting. Two couples in a 7 series BMW seemed particularly impressed that it only took 20 seconds to accomplish...

Also spotted an F-430, a Murcielago, and a Bentley Continental GTC while in / around Soldier Field. Cool stuffs we don't get to see amongst the cow's in NE Wisconsin...

-Dave

Back