• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Upgrade Exhaust

I would like to upgrade the look of my 91. Can I bolt up a 98 stock exhaust? Would there be any improvement in sound or performance? Thanks for your input.

If you want to put a new exhaust system on your '91 NSX I would consider a good after market one instead of stock. Check with RM Racing, Comptech, DC Sport and others. You will get a quality stainless steel system with better sound and much less weight than the stock system.

YOU SHOULD LOOK INTO AN RSR EXHAUST LESS $$ THAN RM OR COMPTECH
GREAT SOUND DUAL TIPS LOOK GREAT VERY GOOD QUALITY I INSTALLED IT MYSELF NOT HARD TO DO
GOOD LUCK!

ONE OF THE BEST INVESTMENTS FOR YOUR NSX IS
UPGRADING TO AN AFTERMARKET EXHAUST. THE
BENEFITS TO PERFORMANCE IS THERE BUT WHAT I
LIKE IS THE SOUND. I LIKE IT LOUD SO RM RACING IS WHAT I CHOSE AND THE LOOK OF THE
DUAL TIPS IS WHAT I CONSIDER A EXOTIC CAR LOOK. GOOD LUCK.

I have the Comptech headers and exhaust. Love the power and the sound! But I heard an RM exhaust on a club drive that made my heart go pitter patter. Wow, what a sound!

I had a RM DTM exhaust and headers on my '94, and the sound was awesome.

But, to answer your question - I don't think you can bolt on a '98 exhaust to a '91. I think the exhaust plumbing is routed differently starting in '95.

RSR is no longer imported into the US, I am currently looking for a used one since I like the look and sound of the RSR.

They used to be $850 shipped, now if you order from japan you might as well get an RM since they are local and carry a lifetime warranty

Hiroshima:

Dali Racing may come out with an exhaust shortly.

Mark has great stuff so I'm definitely willing to wait.

Back