• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

USDM to JDM glove box swap

You mean the Nsx-r gt cars? I saw one at Fuji speed way once. My goal is to just add cams and ITB to this and I'm done. This car already has been completely stripped to race car level. No A/C everything was stripped. No power steering everything stripped. No heater core all lines gone, no carpet ceiling or glove box. Light weight twin plate OS Ginken clutch/flywheel set so it's revs up super fast which is great for rev matching. Truck and front space are stripped. Painted carbon hood and trunk, only other thing to do is get the lexen rear hatch to save some more weight. As it is she's down to mid 2500lb range. I've always wondered why the jdm Nsx weighs almost 200lb less then usdm versions.

- - - Updated - - -

Haha sorry I was still thinking of the Nsx-r

There were 465 3.0 NA1 Type R made, and around 120 3.2 NA2 Type R. For the Type S, 234 were like the Zanardi ie with pop-up lights, a further 20-ish were the 02+ facelift model.

There were 465 3.0 NA1 Type R made, and around 120 3.2 NA2 Type R. For the Type S, 234 were like the Zanardi ie with pop-up lights, a further 20-ish were the 02+ facelift model.

And Type-S Zero?

hmmm ive never heard of the zanardi version. Must have need a stateside version. I have a japanese buddy down south with a Type-S zero. He's kept it mostly stock. Im trying to meet up with him and the topspeed nsx group out of tokyo/yokohama this spring for one of there wagan drives. There was a NA1 NSX-R for sale at the tokyo auto actions a while ago but they wanted 50k and it was in average condition so I passed on it, plus i might be headed stateside in 2016 so i needed a 90-91 to be able to bring it back with me. I sold my GTR because the nsx has always been a dream car for me and because everyone in the military here is buying up R32GTR's like hotcakes to take back and i didnt want to follow the crowd. When i got here i was one of 4 people with a gtr and now there is over 20 on the base.

And Type-S Zero?

Type-S Zero numbers included in 234 (pop-up) Type-S figure, with S-Zero numbering around 30.

Just looked at another source, and the number of pop-up Type S is 209, 02+ is 23/24.

Yet another source says:

NSX-R NA1 (483)
NSX-R NA2 (152)
NSX S Zero (30)
NSX NA2 Type S (248) 209 of which are 97~01, 39 of which are 02+
NSX-R GT (5)

- - - Updated - - -

hmmm ive never heard of the zanardi version. Must have need a stateside version.

Yes, Zanardi is very like the pop-up Type S, with NA2 3.2l, but with standard seats rather than Carbon shell items in the Type S and Type R.

see these posts for the low-down:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/81397-NSX-R-NSX-Type-S-Zero-Type-S-Production-Numbers

http://www.honda.co.jp/auto-archive/nsx/2005/interior/index.html

http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/showthread.php?11075-Black-Type-S-amp-Type-S-Zero

Last edited:
arent the Type S and the Type S Zero basically the same everywhere apart from the S Zero has no radio and no AC but with the Type R suspension?
My opinion the Type S would be the one so you could have the AC but upgrade the suspension for a bit better track time

maybe but not here in NZ, you need it in summer for the heat but even more in winter for the demisting of the windscreen it rains a lot here

Lol well I was trying to troll someone with this post but they didn't bite. It is actually a 91 with 02 front swap. I would never be able to afford the Nsx-r. I'm just happy I have a Nsx finally. I used to have a R32GTR which I sold to get this car. Sorry for stirring things up, lol I guess people are a little into the Nsx-r more then I thought.

- - - Updated - - -[/COL
It's actually rare to see a Nsx in japan and I've only seen one Nsx-r at a car show. When I was living in Tokyo I saw 3 Nsx in the 3+ years I lived there

image.jpg

Wow...really ????

Last edited:
Yea... I was confused why people were still trying to figure out what car it was after OP said he was trolling.

Only true car enthusiasts with money have them here and the ones you do see are awesome. I was hanging out with a guy last week that has a 3.6L with ITB all built by revolution here in japan. A nice 380hp but the cost to build it was rediculous. He paid over $30,000 for that engine build and tuning.

Back