• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Value on 2003 NSX-T

looking to buy 2003 T 6 speed w/85k miles. Red/tan int. Original timing belt. New tires. Clean carfax. Bumpers had been painted.. What is car worth?

Need more information. The first place to start is autotrader, prime marketplace or KBB for a "GENERAL" price range.

Then it boils down to interior/exterior colors, aftermarket items, dings/dents, things that need to be fixed during PPI. I would drop at least 15% off standard asking price for excess mileage and TB/WP. Might be time for a clutch if that one is original.

Also why were BOTH bumpers resprayed? Did the driver parallel park in downtown LA or NYC perhaps? My bumpers are 10 years older than this car and look great.

hmmmm 45 to 50,000? Ive seen asking prices in between there with lower miles. That car has a good amount of miles for an 03. It still has the same timing belt.....wow. So the whole motor would probably need a good overhaul. I would do it all water pump, timing belt, alll the seals, and hoses might need a clutch also. So I would only pay tops 50 but thats just me. What do you guys think 6,000 in cost maybe a little more? I would offer 45,000 or walk away.

Last edited:
Need more information. The first place to start is autotrader, prime marketplace or KBB for a "GENERAL" price range.

Then it boils down to interior/exterior colors, aftermarket items, dings/dents, things that need to be fixed during PPI. I would drop at least 15% off standard asking price for excess mileage and TB/WP. Might be time for a clutch if that one is original.

Also why were BOTH bumpers resprayed? Did the driver parallel park in downtown LA or NYC perhaps? My bumpers are 10 years older than this car and look great.

Car belongs to a friend of mind

I understand I'm new but my 04 s2000 has 151k and I road race and Autocross regularly. Car runs perfect and never opened the motor only valve adjustments. So why would the motor need all new seals and overhauled on an Nsx?

Replacing seals is smart cheep insurance while the whole motor is already out. I know the cam seals are prone to leak.

It doesnt. In my op the car is worth 50k, no more. The seals should be done when the tb/wp is out. The belt is at its time point for years and almost in millage. Some ppls can go 15 years on oem belt, but low millage. The paint isnt an issue. Mine was keyed i think so driver door was repainted along with front bumper from normal wear and tear. Id rather have repaint that scratched up oem paint imo. For those who would rather have scratched bumpers over a respray your just crazy. Just check the vin is in place on all the panels. It would be a 52-53k car but with ur millage, not so much time you need the tb/wp done and that alone is 2g at some places. Also clutches dont tend to last 100k like a civic and those are about 1500 installed, so your at almost 4g for basic stuff. You dont need fuel pumps or anything. Just do that stuff and change oil and like the s2k, its a very reliable car.

A quick check on NADA shows in the 45K-60K range.

Given the mileage and what sounds like some deferred maintenance I'd have to agree with others that its not on the high-side of the price scale.

make sure all body panels have the VIN sticker intact, the engine label shows the same VIN, and of course that its a manual 6spd transmission.

Bumper resprays aren't a big deal if the paint match is decent unless you are looking at a very low mileage garage queen, which it isn't... its a driven car that shows an average of roughly 10,500 miles a year.

Either way, get a proper PPI done by a reputable place, friend or not, you want to know that the mechanicals are solid. Its a very reliable car with proper scheduled maintenance. If he has documentation of prior work performed that goes a long way towards knowing what you need to have done to bring it up to schedule.

Personal opinion, I wouldn't pay 50K for an 03' with 85K miles... if it had half the mileage, then yea that sounds right.

Supersonic,

Please post the name of this shop that charges 1500 for a clutch. I believe in the tooth fairy, too.:rolleyes:

Small scratches in the bumper are beauty marks. Any more and the owner parallel parks via Braille.

It doesnt. In my op the car is worth 50k, no more. The seals should be done when the tb/wp is out. The belt is at its time point for years and almost in millage. Some ppls can go 15 years on oem belt, but low millage. The paint isnt an issue. Mine was keyed i think so driver door was repainted along with front bumper from normal wear and tear. Id rather have repaint that scratched up oem paint imo. For those who would rather have scratched bumpers over a respray your just crazy. Just check the vin is in place on all the panels. It would be a 52-53k car but with ur millage, not so much time you need the tb/wp done and that alone is 2g at some places. Also clutches dont tend to last 100k like a civic and those are about 1500 installed, so your at almost 4g for basic stuff. You dont need fuel pumps or anything. Just do that stuff and change oil and like the s2k, its a very reliable car.

Wecome back to the NSX search:biggrin:
Since the car is 03 and in need of service plus the high mile, i would like others mention not pay more than $45k

Supersonic,

Please post the name of this shop that charges 1500 for a clutch. I believe in the tooth fairy, too.:rolleyes:

Small scratches in the bumper are beauty marks. Any more and the owner parallel parks via Braille.

No need to roll eyes, take my word for it. I dont lie, have no need. I dont wana post the name for certain reasons but others will back me up on it. 1000ish for clutch and 500 labor. The shop should charge what the hourly rate is. 500 bucks is roughly 6 ish hours at 80 bucks an hr. I know places rates varry, but again, i have no need to lie. Ppls that charge 1500 for just labor are charging you cause its an nsx.... Thats why i wont go other places. I wont post those cause this isnt about where to take it and not, its about the value of a car.

You should have been more clear.
1. Value on what someone wants to pay
2. Value of what they would sell theirs for

IMHO, there is going to be a big gap between the two :biggrin:

Back