• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Group Buy Varrs Toen (TE37 Replica) Group Buy

This is a direct vendor group buy for varrs toen 2.2.2 wheels , they are the TE37 replicas seen here:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=135427

- I am going to offer these in sets of:

- 18x8 +35 (optional machining to +40) for front

- 19x9.5 +22 (optional machining to +29) for rear

-I can also do 19x10.5 +22 (optional machining to +29) for an extra $40 ea.

- Since the color of the front and rear wheels is matte black but does not match (one is flat black, the other is semi gloss) I will have to have them all refinished, allowing the buyer to choose color.

- The center bore will be drilled for NSX with the appropriate hubcentric rings(NOT provided, easily had)

- Minimum Number of Units is going to be four sets to begin with , as some of you already know, these wheels can only be had by purchasing two sets at a time as they will not sell two 18's and two 19's.

- Maximum Number of Units will only be determined by how many pairs of buyers there are AND availability.

Closing Date: Aug. 5/2010

- Product Will Ship: as soon 4 buyers are established and the wheels are in stock (I have been assured that they will be ready to ship by first week in june).

- Payment Procedure: $300 deposit upon signing up - balance due before shipping.

- Payment Methods Accepted: paypal + applicable fees

- Estimated Delivery Time / Date: these wheels will be available by the first week in june, I would like to get the order in as soon as possible to ensure they do not sell out.

- Price is $1445/set includes drilling center bore, machining rear wheels to +29 offset and painting any color (within reason) and center caps.

- Price is $1295 if you would like to stay with +35 fronts and +22 rears

Some examples of price are:

18x8 +35 / 19x10.5 +29 is : $1445 .

- You can run 18x8 +35 in front, if your car is slammed you may want to machine to +40 ($75 ea.)

- Shipping is avg. $90 (in USA) so for example:

- If you go with 18x8 +35 / 19x9.5 +22 the shipped total would be - $1385 -

- If you went 18x8 +35 / 19x10.5 +29 the shipped total would be - $1535 -

- And if you went with the most expensive package - 18x8 +40 / 19x10.5 +29 the shipped total would be - $1685

- Shipping will be determined case by case but average is $90

- Some additional info and pics can be seen here:

http://varrstoen.com/blog/?paged=4

Thanks For looking and please sign up below

1)
2)
3)
4)

Last edited:
I have updated the original post to show the two options available for rear wheels!

OK , we now need two more people!!

1)cs-R - 18x8 +40 / 19x10.5 +29 (bronze) - $1685
2)excellon - interested in 18x8 +35 and 19x10.5 +29 (titanium grey) - $1535
3)
4)

Last edited:
Hi,
I Read on their blog that they are receiving the 19'' 2.2.2 wheels. :smile:

Any info about ?

Thanks

Hi,
I Read on their blog that they are receiving the 19'' 2.2.2 wheels. :smile:

Any info about ?

Thanks

Yes , wheels will be ready to ship very soon , just waiting on peoples' deposits and one more buyer!

I am in if you can have them in time attack color black with red lip.

I can do the red stripe, possibly with a pinstripe sticker , or paint could be done too.

Hi Wil,
What do you say about this? you think would be possible for the nsx?
They posted this on their blog

18×8.0 +35 = 18×9.0 +41…?
So many have asked/pleaded/begged WHY the 18×8.0 has such a “straight” face compared to the “concave” face of its popular twin the 18×9.0…

Well, we here at VarrsToen® actually listen to you guys via email, phone or Facebook and have an answer for you guys…

We now have the VarrsToen® ES 2.2.1 (18″) in the 18×9.0 (CONCAVE FACE) in the super aggressive offset that all you 18×8.0 guys have been begging for…

New Fitment…

Size: 18×9.0 +41
Finish: Matte Black
Hub Bore: 73.1mm (We now have VarrsToen® Hub Rings in Stock)

Last edited:
There is NO WAY you will get a 18x9 on the front of an NSX , even 8.5 +45 still rubbed - 18x9 will rub LIKE CRAZY and you would need at least a 235/35/18 that would rub even worse.

Update

1)cs-R - 18x8 +40 / 19x10.5 +29 (bronze) - $1685 *pending
2)excellon - interested in 18x8 +35 and 19x10.5 +29 (titanium grey) - $1535 *paid
3)
4)

The first two orders will be completed this week!

Isnt it dangerous to shave off more than 3mm to off the pad to raise the offset?

Will VarrsToen be doing the pad shaving?

Isnt it dangerous to shave off more than 3mm to off the pad to raise the offset?

Will VarrsToen be doing the pad shaving?

Really it depends on the wheels design how much can be removed, these wheels will be done locally and there is plenty of material in the pad to remove 5mm or more, you need to look at a wheel and realize how much it would take fro a lug nut to tear through the wheel and cause failure.

I have seen 12mm removed from wheels if the pad is thick enough - keep in mind even wheel manufacturers use this method to offer differend offsets using the same casting - we did not come up with this idea...

Last edited:
1)cs-R - 18x8 +40 / 19x10.5 +29 (bronze) - $1685 *paid
2)excellon - interested in 18x8 +35 and 19x10.5 +29 (titanium grey) - $1535 *paid
3)
4)

These two sets are being done right now!

Really it depends on the whels design how much can be removed, these wheels will be done locally and there is plenty of material in the pad to remove 5mm or more, you need to look at a wheel and realize how much it would take fro a lug nut to tear through the wheel and cause failure.

I have seen 12mm removed from wheels if the pad is thick enough - keep in mind even wheel manufacturers use this method to offer differend offsets using the same casting - we did not come up with this idea...

The seating of the lug nut to the rear of the pad is usually around 10mm on most wheels.

12mm or more can be removed from the pad DURING manufacturing process because they still drill the lug holes with enough spacing from the seat to the pad. However, you will be taking an already manufactured wheel with the bolt patterns already drilled out and shaving it. Shaving 7mm from 10mm will only leave about 3mm spacing from the seat to the rear pad. 3mm is really thin to be supporting the wheel to the hub. I was just concerned about the safety of this before trying to jump on the GB.

The seating of the lug nut to the rear of the pad is usually around 10mm on most wheels.

12mm or more can be removed from the pad DURING manufacturing process because they still drill the lug holes with enough spacing from the seat to the pad. However, you will be taking an already manufactured wheel with the bolt patterns already drilled out and shaving it. Shaving 7mm from 10mm will only leave about 3mm spacing from the seat to the rear pad. 3mm is really thin to be supporting the wheel to the hub. I was just concerned about the safety of this before trying to jump on the GB.

There will be more than enough material on the pad to support the car, yes it will not be quite as strong as it was before machining and if you plan to run R-compound tires and heavily drift the car (which will never happen) then you MAY be worried about this (but still not really).

However, these and most wheels are rated for way more weight than the NSX, so even weakening the wheel to 1/2 of the original rating (WHICH WE ARE NOT EVEN COMING CLOSE TO) is not really an issue.

On wheels where too much material is removed , we install steel inserts into the bolt holes (like OEM wheels) to add strength.

As I said , if you think that 3mm at the base of the cone in the bolt hole is not enough , I can add the inserts , but the possibilty that the lug nuts will pull through is non-existant.

I have run wheels like this for years without issue.

If I plan to lower my nsx 1-1.5' and I have 18/19 rims and I want it to sit nice and flush what offets do I need? and should I go with 19 x 9.5 or 19 x 10.5 for the rear? Sorry dont know anything about offsets..

There are currently no 9.5 available. Your only option would be 10.5 +29 - if you only lower 1.5" it may require more stretch to clear. It will look something like the Hamann wheels on racingheart's car.

Do a search and you will find tons of threads on offset.

First two sets are being done right now!

By next week I will have one set on the shelf in matte black if anyone wants the time attack look!

Here are the pics of the first two sets that were just finished being painted!

Attachments

• IMG_2182.jpg
    IMG_2182.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 687
  • IMG_2183.jpg
    IMG_2183.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 423
Last edited:
Back