• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Vegas/SoCal Drive Collaboration: Lake Arrowhead June 29?

Hey guys!

I just got back from a fun trip to SoCal with my NSX - got some new goodies. I met up with several owners there and we've been talking about planning several drives, one that would have us, Vegas owners, drive to SoCal and another where SoCal owners will come to us.
Les organizes a drive at the end of every month for SoCal guys. He came up with a great idea of doing a Lake Arrowhead drive (south of Victorville - about a 3 hour drive from Vegas), where we could drive from Vegas early morning (6am), meet them at Victorville (9am), drive Lake Arrowhead, Lunch (12pm) and head back home.

We're planning to do this drive Sunday June 29. I hope we can get a group together.

And please, if you know any other local nsx owners, let them know as well and have them join our page!

Thanks
Jeff

Last note: we plan on doing a Vegas drive in the fall when the weather cools down.

Last edited:
No takers?

This would be a great drive. If the weathers nice I'd definitely go. Hope you can pull it together Jeff.

Les and SoCal group will be doing the drive - definitely. I'm trying to get us Vegas guys to join them. I'm 90% sure I'm going (weather permits). I would like to get a group of us together to join them. 7 more weeks to get this together!

So far:

1. excellon - Jeff
2. bullithollywood - Butch
3. nsxalot - Lance
4. stikyryce - Jon

. I am taking a six week road trip in the nsx, so ..............I don't know how much more I want. It would be nice to meet the CA people. Lance

Hey guys this is one of the best all-around drives we do here in SoCal. It starts in the high desert, goes up twisty mountain roads, past 2 lakes, many beautiful homes and ends at a restaurant overlooking Lake Arrowhead.

Trust me, it will be worth the 3 hour drive to make this meet/drive. And Lance you won't regret coming to this, even after a 6 week road trip.:wink:

Contact me if you have any questions.

Les

Last edited:
I like to set a meeting spot at:

Jack in the Box - Henderson, NV
4161 St Rose Pkwy
Henderson, NV 89044

We should meet here at 5:30am Sunday June 29, 2014. Head out no later than 6:00am.

Please reply and verify if you are still interested in doing this drive. Les also needs to know a headcount to make reservations for lunch.

- Jeff

Last edited:
I hate to do this kinda last minute, but just found out I got family coming in on that weekend. Sorry Jeff, but I won't make it now.

I won't be going. A colleague at work is in the hospital, meaning additional on-call for me. I'll make it to the next one, have fun.

Regards,

TG

Report on the event? Lance

What a great road to drive. Me and Jeff got to drive it twice both coming and going!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: The road back was just us and I haven't had so much fun in my NSX since taking to the track. Roads like that really make you fall in love with the NSX even more. Those SoCal guys are so lucky to have such great roads so close.

Talking Points:

CA residents (unlike Nevadans) are so cool they pull off and wave sports cars by.
Had about 30 NSXs by my count.
Lots of folks waving at us and taking pictures. One notable moment was a mother pointing the cars out to her kids and them waving as all the cars roared by. Super cool.
Lunch was great, beautiful spot overlooking the lake. 90degree ish.
Noticed that they got trees and green stuff just growing by itself there for no reason, how weird is that.
My car alarm spontaneously went off for no reason during lunch ( I didn't know if it even worked, now I know)
Les printed up some awesome NSX banners to give out to everyone. I got a couple extras to give out to you guys.
Jeff and I had some fun dicing traffic on the way back.
The NSX is an awesome car, can run 100mph thru 115 degree heat in the Mohave for hours; no problemo.

400cebd6-c6fd-48f6-ba81-672f08e5c929.jpg

Last edited:
Back