• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Vin check please: VIN: JH4NA216X2T000072 - title warning?

Hello,

I just noticed a 2002 Imola Orange for Sale on auto trader. The vin is JH4NA216X2T000072.
It looks ok but has a corrected title flag with a warning: Exceeds Mechanical Limits.

Is this anything to be concerned about?

Here is the info I received from the auto check report:

Vehicle: 2002 Acura NSX (JH4NA216X2T000072)
Event DateEvent LocationOdometer ReadingData SourceEvent Detail
10/18/2004CA
3,202​
Motor Vehicle Dept.ODOMETER READING FROM DMV
12/02/2004CHICO, CA
Motor Vehicle Dept.REGISTRATION EVENT/RENEWAL
12/12/2004CHICO, CA
Motor Vehicle Dept.TITLE
08/28/2006COLUMBUS, OH
4,750​
Motor Vehicle Dept.TITLE (Title #:2300901224)
EXCEEDS MECHANICAL LIMITS
08/29/2006COLUMBUS, OH
Motor Vehicle Dept.TITLE (Title #:2300901712)
CORRECTED TITLE
06/19/2012COLUMBUS, OH
Dealer ServiceVEHICLE DETAILED
06/06/2013COLUMBUS, OH
Dealer ServiceBATTERY SERVICED/REPLACED
BRAKES SERVICED
TIRES/WHEELS SERVICE PERFORMED

<tbody>
</tbody>

Thanks in advance for any help
Tom

Can't really say I've seen that before. The corrected title is nothing to worry about though. Exceeds mechanical limits means the odometer rolled over its maximum limit back to zero, and started counting again. So I guess that means its actual mileage is maximum (which i highly doubt) + 4750 on top. Also it could have had a broken odometer and was swapped with a working one therefore the actual mileage is unknown and the new one reads 4750. This would account for the corrected title. Hopefully someone else can chime in.

How is it listed with no price? they just waiting to see how many calls and determine from there?

How is it listed with no price? they just waiting to see how many calls and determine from there?

The car is actually not for sale. It's the owner of the dealerships car and somehow his personal vehicles are now listed on Autotrader so the dealership thinks its a "glitch." LOL

So atleast now we know 02 Imola vin #JH4NA216X2T000072 is owned by the owner of Lindsay Acura in Columbus OH.

It could also be a mistake. But one worth checking into. This car was one of the Imola/Orange that wasn't accounted for on the roster. My advice is check it out to your satisfaction and jump on it. These unicorns sell very fast.

It could also be a mistake. But one worth checking into. This car was one of the Imola/Orange that wasn't accounted for on the roster. My advice is check it out to your satisfaction and jump on it. These unicorns sell very fast.

I just got a call from the dealership. It is the owners car...and it is not for sale. Apparently he is upset that the car was posted on Auto Trader. Damn!!... my search for my first NSX will have to continue.

I wonder if i can get a refund for my autocheck....lol

Back