• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Vintage Snowboards

Primers,

As an avid snowboarder since I was a kid I've wanted to collect all of the older boards I previously rode....

Having done so two boards elude me and I'd like to buy them if you know of friends who have them tucked away gathering dust:

1. Kemper Freestyle 155 - White topsheet as pictured:

KemperFreestyle155.jpg

2. Burton Craig Kelly Air - "Mustard and Ketchup" graphic as pictured:

CraigKellyMysteryAir.jpg

Ahhhh the memories! Thanks.

Going through something similar with my old BMX bikes. It is funny how in the moment these things seemed so unimportant, but then as we get older they become the artifacts of our lives worthy of preservation and or reconstruction.

I have spent well over $600.00 recreating a bike I sold for $75.00. Trying to find all those original parts is a project that continues 4 years and counting.

Your challenge is increased by the need for a specific length. Hopefully the internet can help you find what you need.

good luck in your search!

Phil

Last edited:
Damn I used to have that Kelly board haha!! Also had a Sims Freestyle, and a K2 166. If I knew then what I know now, I'd have kept them, even the K2 which I snapped in a memorable wipeout at the Mammoth park years back. I still have two Burton's but they are from the late 90's early 2000's.

Going through something similar with my old BMX bikes. It is funny how in the moment these things seemed so unimportant, but then as we get older they become the artifacts of our lives worthy of preservation and or reconstruction.

I have spent well over $600.00 recreating a bike I sold for $75.00. Trying to find all those original parts is a project that continues 4 years and counting.

Your challenge is increased by the need for a specific length. Hopefully the internet can help you find what you need.

good luck in your search!

Phil

What BMX parts are you looking for?

Makes me wonder what I did with my old boards. Learned on an original early '80's Burton convex bottom and then bought one of them new fangled Sims Half Pipes in '91. No idea what I did with those. Probably could find my Burton Asym if I had to.

Ah, those were the days. :tongue:

Back