• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Viper sold - on the hunt for a NSX!

Well it was indeed a sad day...let my 97 Viper go. Now I am on the hunt for one of my dream cars as a kid! Hope to join the community as a owner soon! Looking for a 95-01, preferably supercharged. Cheers!

OK, how about the other items?

CTSC is just weak compared to the SOS SC.

I am open to that...CTSC just seems to have a lot of history on here and seems the reliability is amazing. Have not researched much on SOS SC. Thanks for the feedback

Autorotor/Kenne Belle is better than the Whipple/Lysholm Supercharger.

Both are Whipple positive displacement blowers.

The SOS SC is basically the same as the latest model CTSC that is based on the Autorotor, but the difference is that the Autorotor is a larger displacement blower.

I spin my rear tires loose from a roll with 285 wide Extreme rated tire when it's cold.

If you get the CTSC (knowing that you had a Viper) you will most likely experience buyers remorse for more low end TQ. SOS SC will deliver that.

Autorotor/Kenne Belle is better than the Whipple/Lysholm Supercharger.

Both are Whipple positive displacement blowers.

The SOS SC is basically the same as the latest model CTSC that is based on the Autorotor, but the difference is that the Autorotor is a larger displacement blower.

I spin my rear tires loose from a roll with 285 wide Extreme rated tire when it's cold.

If you get the CTSC (knowing that you had a Viper) you will most likely experience buyers remorse for more low end TQ. SOS SC will deliver that.

Ive driven a 2000 CTSC and was very satisfied. Granted it was a short drive, but still enjoyed it. I am looking for other qualities in a car other then just HP/TQ. The Viper was a blast and had my fun with it, and not too concerned about a dip in power from a CTSC NSX. It's good to know that the SOS SC is an option to get the best of both worlds. How much does a SOS SC go for? It's tough enough to find a clean NSX for sale in my price range, let alone one with a SOS SC. I see a little more with a CTSC

Last edited:
Just beware of the smog inspection issue if you go with any other form of FI other than CTSC. Sure you can find a "way" to pass if you are willing to put up with the hassle.

Ive driven a 2000 CTSC and was very satisfied. Granted it was a short drive, but still enjoyed it. I am looking for other qualities in a car other then just HP/TQ. The Viper was a blast and had my fun with it, and not too concerned about a dip in power from a CTSC NSX. It's good to know that the SOS SC is an option to get the best of both worlds. How much does a SOS SC go for? It's tough enough to find a clean NSX for sale in my price range, let alone one with a SOS SC. I see a little more with a CTSC

http://www.scienceofspeed.com/products/engine_performance_products/NSX/ScienceofSpeed/supercharger/

Where do you live?

Just beware of the smog inspection issue if you go with any other form of FI other than CTSC. Sure you can find a "way" to pass if you are willing to put up with the hassle.

There is NO hassle in the 2 times that I had to smog my NSX with SOS SC.

Passed the sniffer and visual.

Visually it looks identical to the latest CTSC.

http://www.ct-engineering.com/Produ...NSXSuperchargerPackage/tabid/939/Default.aspx

For a few hundred $$$$ more you get much more blower.

- - - Updated - - -

I am in Orange County, CA. you?

Nor Cal

That looks good. It might be a little loud on the highway with the 4.23. The shorties are not bad at all. Personally I would still look for a na2 SC.

Zmoney: Can't wait to see you in an SC'ed NSX! Don't compromise and hold out for what you want - it'll be worth the wait. :) You may miss the Viper now, and part of you always will - but once you're in your very own SC'ed NSX driving down a nice road with the roof off, the shit-eating grin you'll have on your face will quickly wipe all worries away in an instant :)

Zmoney: Can't wait to see you in an SC'ed NSX! Don't compromise and hold out for what you want - it'll be worth the wait. :) You may miss the Viper now, and part of you always will - but once you're in your very own SC'ed NSX driving down a nice road with the roof off, the shit-eating grin you'll have on your face will quickly wipe all worries away in an instant :)

Well said!! Thanks for everyone's feedback!

As an apparent newbie to the site, make sure you check out the NSX Wiki on this site (off the red action bar at the top of most pages). It has a section on Purchasing an NSX that might have useful information for you. The other good thing to do is to Google the VIN and see if any of the hits point to this site. There might be a wealth of information in previous posts. In the Modifying Your NSX section, there is also some info on FI options although some of it is not as current as the Forums.

As in, not the fastest. ;)

On a more serious note, I had problems with the OBD2 on the 95 with my old car. I would honestly look for 97.

.smarty pants..................

I'm gonna be crapping on my own car but fair warning about the 1995 NSXs:
-first year to have targas, so they have occasionally squeaky and more finnicky than later years; my understanding is that this issue was fixed for all other years of targa NSX
-yes, 95/96 are the slowest; the extra weight of the targa and associated bracing but still stuck with the 3.0L motor
-95/96 also apparently tend to burn their O2 sensors out more frequently
-these years also force you to make some decisions regarding which exhaust setup to go for ~ commit to 97+ or 91-94

On the other hand, 95/96 are the only years that had Midnight Pearls and I believe most green NSXs were sold in these years as well. Y'know, if those colors are a real requirement for you.

Good luck with the search!

Last edited:
Back