• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Group Buy Vivid Racing Advan RSII Wheel Group Buy

Just got off the phone with Ahmed.

Name: matt_337
Car: 2002 NSX
BBK: Brembo lotus calipers
Color: hyper black
Size front: 17x8 et37 GTR face
Size rear: 18x10 et 35 GTR face
Tires, brand:
Tires size front: 215/40/17
Tires rear: 265/35/18
Centercaps: yes
Lugnuts:

Dave what's the GTR face? How do these compare to normal? I noticed one primer didn't specify GTR face, may be worth asking him?

How concave are these wheels in NSX fitement?

Ahmed did not include a picture of hyperblack so I am taking this from dave's other thread so people can see what hyperblack looks like. It's the first one on the left

942bf452d3ba1eb3d009d90497686f80.jpg

Dave what's the GTR face? How do these compare to normal? I noticed one primer didn't specify GTR face, may be worth asking him?

How concave are these wheels in NSX fitement?

These are very concave with the GTR face Chris. GTR face just denotes a more concave face. Who didn't specify? Not everyone may actually want the extra concave but I should ask him.

Just spoke to Ahmed. Very helpful and courteous.

Name: Kublakhan
Car: 2003 NSX - CTSC
BBK: No, but in the near future
Color: Semi-gloss Black
Size rear: 18x10 et 35 GTR face
Tires, brand: Yes. Falken Azenis RT-615 (Ahmed's recommendation)
Centercaps: Advan low cap, black [Z9353 (73mm) / Z9355 (63mm)]
Lugnuts: group buy ones (Mackin, I think)
Deposit: Paid

Last edited:
Name: Hlakhani
Car: 02 NSX
BBK: No, Stoptech future???
Color: Hyper Black
Size front: 17x8+37 GTR face
Size rear: 18x10+35 GTR face
Tires, brand: None
Tires size front: N/A
Tires rear: N/A
Centercaps: Full flat black
Lugnuts: None
Deposit: Made by phone today.

Name: Fuoss484
Car: 1993 NSX
BBK: Yes, WP Pro
Color: Semi Gloss Black
Size rear: 18x9 et 35 GTR face
Tires, brand: Yokohama AD08
Centercaps: Advan low type black
Lugnuts: Mackin Muteki Closed End Lug Nuts M12x1.50 (Black) Changeing
Deposit: Paid

I agree that Dave should get a free set or a mad discount. PM updated pricing please.

I know a lot of you guys are calling because he tells me how busy he is, I just want to make sure, is anyone having any issues at all? I have his personal cell number so I can irritate him if need be. :biggrin:

If anyone has any questions still or is not getting through let me know please.

^^ this guy... but he is right..lol.. trust me Dave likes to talk if most of you don't know.. Jk

Btw if anyone wants to make any changes after you have place your deposit please reply to the last email I send you..

I can't explain it any better than Tirerack.

Centerbore

The centerbore of a wheel is the machined opening on the back of the wheel that centers the wheel properly on the hub of a vehicle. This hole is machined to exactly match the hub so the wheels are precisely positioned as the lug hardware is torqued down. Keeping the wheel precisely centered on the hub when it is mounted will minimize the chance of a vibration. Some wheels are vehicle model specific and will come from the factory with a bore machined to match that vehicle. Some wheels are designed to fit multiple vehicle models and will use a centering ring system to reduce the bore size to match the hubs of different vehicles. These rings keep the wheel precisely positioned as the lug hardware is torqued down.

Some wheels are non-hub centric by design. These are known as lug centric wheels. With these wheels it is critical to torque the lug hardware with the vehicle on jack stands, off the ground. This allows the nuts or bolts to center the wheel and torque down without the weight of the vehicle pushing them off center.

They are hub centric and I don't think you will need any rings. I am sure Ahmed will chime in and let us know for sure.

I doubt very much that they are hub centric since they are not custom made sets. Especially considering our front and rear are different sizes. And Hamza you should really get a set of hub rigs before you shear off your wheel studs- I've broken several from my "rookie" years in wheel ownership and they are a pain to replace.

Last edited:
I doubt very much that they are hub centric since they are not custom made sets. Especially considering our front and rear are different sizes. And Hamza you should really get a set of hub rigs before you shear off your wheel studs- I've broken several from my "rookie" years in wheel ownership and they are a pain to replace.

I asked Synth, he is not using any rings. But I guess that doesn't mean he isn't relying on the studs. IDK, I got conflicting answers on this. Let Ahmed chime in, I am sure he knows. Even if it needs rings, I am sure they will be supplied with the wheel.

Yup they usually are included in wheel packages but it wouldn't make sense for a mass market aftermarket wheel company to bore the hubs for each specific application. I am sure Ahmed will chime in to confirm so I will be quiet :)

Back