Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta tire?

Yes. Bought from Vulcantire.com

Last summer I needed a new tire to replace my rear Eagle F1s. When I discovered the F1s where no longer made in the size I needed I considered other brands. A friend recommended these tires to me so I looked into them.

I researched Vredestien heavily, here is what I found out:

They are a well established company from Holland that started making specialty tires(Vintage cars, tractors, and more recently snow tires). There tires have gotten good reviews and the company has a good reputation.

Just recently they started to branch into the high performance tire industry and establish dealers in the US. The Ultrac Sessantas are popular in Europe for Corvettes, M3s, and a few other performance cars.

I read a few european car mags with comparisons of ultra high performance tires, the Vreds did good in every one, usually taking first or 2nd right behind some much more expensive entries like Pilot Sports or F1s.

I have put about 3000 miles on mine. Combination of city/highway/mountain/canyon/spirited driving.

The dry grip is good. As far as I can tell, as near as makes no difference to the F1s. The breakaway is smooth and controllable and also very progressive. I could not notice any difference in ride quality or noise from the F1s. The tires do, however, seem to last much longer than the F1s I had previously.

Also, as the magazines said, wet traction is superb. On a recent road trip I had a few times on the highway where I am confident the Goodyears would have hydroplaned that the Vreds just went right through.

Considering the price point of these tires, they are one of my favorites. I would buy again and would recommend them to any one. The only tire I would buy before would be the Pilot Sports, which aren't the correct size.

This is really the only pic I have showing off the tire:

DSC_0307.jpg

Great review! I am looking to get a set for my 19"

Yes. Bought from Vulcantire.com

Last summer I needed a new tire to replace my rear Eagle F1s. When I discovered the F1s where no longer made in the size I needed I considered other brands. A friend recommended these tires to me so I looked into them.

I researched Vredestien heavily, here is what I found out:

They are a well established company from Holland that started making specialty tires(Vintage cars, tractors, and more recently snow tires). There tires have gotten good reviews and the company has a good reputation.

Just recently they started to branch into the high performance tire industry and establish dealers in the US. The Ultrac Sessantas are popular in Europe for Corvettes, M3s, and a few other performance cars.

I read a few european car mags with comparisons of ultra high performance tires, the Vreds did good in every one, usually taking first or 2nd right behind some much more expensive entries like Pilot Sports or F1s.

I have put about 3000 miles on mine. Combination of city/highway/mountain/canyon/spirited driving.

The dry grip is good. As far as I can tell, as near as makes no difference to the F1s. The breakaway is smooth and controllable and also very progressive. I could not notice any difference in ride quality or noise from the F1s. The tires do, however, seem to last much longer than the F1s I had previously.

Also, as the magazines said, wet traction is superb. On a recent road trip I had a few times on the highway where I am confident the Goodyears would have hydroplaned that the Vreds just went right through.

Considering the price point of these tires, they are one of my favorites. I would buy again and would recommend them to any one. The only tire I would buy before would be the Pilot Sports, which aren't the correct size.

This is really the only pic I have showing off the tire:

DSC_0307.jpg

Back