• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX Refresh Program proof.? NSX on BaT has a customer stating the car went through the entire refresh, including engine rebuild. Proof anywhere

This is so cool, really shows you the dedication and love by Honda for their creations. I hope it can come to the US someday but won’t hold my breath. Especially with the Japanese markets slumping lately.

This is so cool, really shows you the dedication and love by Honda for their creations. I hope it can come to the US someday but won’t hold my breath. Especially with the Japanese markets slumping lately.
It's unlikely. Most people don't understand the costs involved and won't pay it. I think Bob O posted some pics from NSX Fiesta where they laid out the refresh services and the reaction over here was surprise at the cost. I know Acura was looking at this and determined there weren't enough NSX owners who were willing to pay to make it viable. The PMC isn't cheap. Who's gonna pay 15k for an engine refresh? Or 30k for an interior?

It's unlikely. Most people don't understand the costs involved and won't pay it. I think Bob O posted some pics from NSX Fiesta where they laid out the refresh services and the reaction over here was surprise at the cost. I know Acura was looking at this and determined there weren't enough NSX owners who were willing to pay to make it viable. The PMC isn't cheap. Who's gonna pay 15k for an engine refresh? Or 30k for an interior?
Yep. The person in Hong Kong waited 2 years to do their whole car and cost them almost 200,000.

Just to register costs nearly $2000.

I was one of the bidders on this car at the end. Pretty much ended where I thought. Winner was a recent sign-up to BAT. Maybe the seller will reach out if it falls thru. The Refresh has zero influence on my bids. Just did not have enough information. Did not want to come down hard the seller BUT he should have done his job to research and get that info before the auction. Shame on him for not having it.

Agree with the comments about the Refresh.
However, in my experience with other marques, I won't be surprise when, not if, this program is revived. Will all depend on the future values.

As I have been telling people...
They will not be +-100k forever.

I was one of the bidders on this car at the end. Pretty much ended where I thought. Winner was a recent sign-up to BAT. Maybe the seller will reach out if it falls thru. The Refresh has zero influence on my bids. Just did not have enough information. Did not want to come down hard the seller BUT he should have done his job to research and get that info before the auction. Shame on him for not having it.

Agree with the comments about the Refresh.
However, in my experience with other marques, I won't be surprise when, not if, this program is revived. Will all depend on the future values.

As I have been telling people...
They will not be +-100k forever.
Interesting info. I agree the seller should have contacted Honda and got the info- he has the tag so they have the records. Given the amount of time since the refresh, I also agree it shouldn't affect your bid much since whatever was done is likely due again today.

My understanding is that the Refresh center went on pause due to COVID and they are debating the re-start because Honda corporate has not yet decided whether they will continue parts support for the NSX. They can't refresh them if there are no parts.

The PMC has a very nice facility and great staff/techs...They should consider a US refresh program If they have the space...I'm thinking there would be just enough old nsx lovers with the resources to spend 20-50k to have 2 cars/month rolling through..not a money maker, but priceless for the brand..

As far as I'm aware the owner who went through the program would have been provided a certificate and invoice?

1714545327010.png

1714545342066.png

As far as I'm aware the owner who went through the program would have been provided a certificate and invoice?

View attachment 190371

View attachment 190372
The current owner must have bought it from Japan and imported into Hawaii during employment. Car is Right Hand Drive.

It would make sense why there are no documents. Because they are not the original owner.

It actually makes ZERO sense that there are no documents.

If work was done that potentially increases the value of the car, any rational owner would preserve the pertinent documents and show those to potential buyers when offering the car for sale. And of course, the buyer of the car would insist on getting those documents with the car, so when he eventually sold the car he could again use them to show potential buyers the value of the work done, even if it was decades earlier.

As I said earlier, the value of alleged but undocumented work is zero.

At that selling price, the reality of the Refresh was unimportant to me.

If I had taken delivery, I would enjoy the next few weeks/months obtaining copies of the documents. I assume they would provide an owner with it provided they showed proof of ownership. Then keep it in my NSX documents folder.

I've been the auto business a very long time. My advice over the decades? Keep every piece of paper, every receipt, keep it with the car......tuck it away in a little folder and then pass it on. That even goes for your everyday vehicle. Oil change, battery, tires etc
You would be amazed the percentage of people who chuck everything

I’ve heard of people who tossed their title to the car in the bin thinking they didn’t need it since “the government knows”. It’s wild.

I've purchased ~10 used JDM vehicles direct from Japan. They don't come with any original paperwork or receipts. Plenty of service stickers though.

I have no idea why. The people involved in the process just shrug when asked.

Fun fact: They check for nuclear radiation.

Car will be relisted. No communication from winner. Sad, because to most, car is tainted went it gets relisted. Then gets relisted 6-12 months late etc.

The excuse why it is relisted sometimes is not the truth from the seller.
More than once, I have been told buyer never came thru or never communicated. Only to find out the buyer backed out for reason.........

Back