• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Want a GREAT sounding inexpensive exhaust?

Ok, I was finally free this morning and decided to go get it done! I took the car and got the Flowmaster put on. One word... AWESOME. I like it much much better then the Comptech system I had. It sounds very very race like. Not loud at all, but far from stock. I found myself downshifting before every light all the way home. I even got my brother to come over and drive my car up and down the street(so I could hear what everyone else would be hearing).
The muffler was about $80-90 bucks. The custom install was $50 bucks. And the system is worth every penny. I honestly don't think you can be disappointed if you upgrading from the stock can.
I have heard Comptech, RM, and straight pipes. I personally don't like the Comptech, thats what I had on my car. The RM was awesome, but it's been awhile since I heard it, so I can't honestly compare the FM and the RM. And we know the straight pipes are very loud. In all, I am very please!!
Regards
Z

Originally posted by addisonrecruiter:
After changing to the Flowmaster, have you seen any increase in horsepower?

Haven't "measured" mine but it sure feels like it. I personally think it's more the new agressive sound. Maybe an in your head thing. I know for a fact that it didn't decrease the HP.
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by KellyJoe (edited 27 March 2003).]

Ok, I have to honestly say yes. It does feel slightly faster then when I had the CompTech on. BUT, this is probably because the CompTech can had a huge hole in it. I think it was loosing back pressure? causing the car to feel slower. Now that the FM is on, it does feel faster IMHO....
Z

Originally posted by addisonrecruiter:
After changing to the Flowmaster, have you seen any increase in horsepower?

IT'S ON IT'S WAY! WOOOOOOHOOOOO!
$92.00 + SHIPPING AND HANDLING
#42582 SHOULD ARRIVE IN WASHINGTON IN ABOUT 3 DAYS! LOOKING TO INSTAL ON SATURDAY! WILL ADVISE!!!! :biggrin:

Ok, how much for the exhaust, shipping, tips, and install? $250?

I guess that's an OK deal (especially if you do it yourself or get someone to do it for $50 or less) but I just got the full ARK stainless cat-back dual canister system for $599 and installed it in 40 minutes with a nothing but liquid wrench and a 17mm socket wrench. I only had 1 floor jack and no stands - so I jacked up one side and it fit right in easily. $599 for full stainless catback is nice - because I should never have to mess with it again!

I had straight pipes before, so it's hard for me to compare. My friends and coworkers thinks it sounds awesome when I drive in and out of places. It is a little on the quiet side, but after 1200 miles of straight pipes - I'm sure everything is quite comparitively :biggrin:

twizted said:
Ok, how much for the exhaust, shipping, tips, and install? $250?

I guess that's an OK deal (especially if you do it yourself or get someone to do it for $50 or less) but I just got the full ARK stainless cat-back dual canister system for $599 and installed it in 40 minutes with a nothing but liquid wrench and a 17mm socket wrench. I only had 1 floor jack and no stands - so I jacked up one side and it fit right in easily. $599 for full stainless catback is nice - because I should never have to mess with it again!

I had straight pipes before, so it's hard for me to compare. My friends and coworkers thinks it sounds awesome when I drive in and out of places. It is a little on the quiet side, but after 1200 miles of straight pipes - I'm sure everything is quite comparitively :biggrin:

I put about 500 miles on my ARK, and the sound has actually changed.. I need to get under there and check that everything is tight, but I think it is..

In any case, the simplicity of a purpose built system is so much better, and the stainless aspect of it makes it a done deal. I love my ARK.
-Jeremy

Back