• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

want to buy early model NSX in australia

preferably in sydney but i'm willing to travel

91 to 93 model will be fine

i've checked all the classifieds and none of the available stock is of too much interest

if any aussie prime members is tempted to let theirs go then please shoot me a pm

just as a side note. my budget will increase as the All Ordinary market increases

Hey Chicken, welcome to NSX Prime. It's nice to have another aussie on the forum. Hopefully one of the Sydney boyz will get in contact with you.

It's funny you say there's nothing interesting on the market at the moment -- a workmate made the exact same comment two days ago. You'll need to be patient and keep watching the marketplace... it's just a quiet time.

g'luck with your budget depending on the all-ords. :eek:

theres a decent in for sale in VIC right now

91 red/black with 80km on it. private import asking for $55k

the asking price may be a bit steep, but theres really no other manuals to choose from atm.

SweetChuck. i see your in queensland. i spoke to the owner of the red/black in Geelong and they said theres someone from QLD coming to look at it next weekend. would that be you?

theres a decent in for sale in VIC right now

the asking price may be a bit steep, but theres really no other manuals to choose from atm.

SweetChuck. i see your in queensland. i spoke to the owner of the red/black in Geelong and they said theres someone from QLD coming to look at it next weekend. would that be you?

No not me .

What's wrong with a red/black??? :D

In Australia if you want a manual thats NOT red, you will definitely have to be patient. But its worth the wait.

Automatics also have less powerful engines and power steering.

I talk to my mechanic he reckon the engine is the same AT n MT but maybe he is wrong, and my friend has got MT for me ready but ATM I still like the AT for sydney driving :biggrin:

GL with your search anyway ..........

buy nico's one ..........

I talk to my mechanic he reckon the engine is the same AT n MT but maybe he is wrong, and my friend has got MT for me ready but ATM I still like the AT for sydney driving :biggrin:

GL with your search anyway ..........

buy nico's one ..........

i thought nico's one was already sold. its no longer advertised

i'd prefer one thats fairly stock tho

the one im looking in melb has these details

91 red/black 80km. serviced every 10km

it was imported in 1997. and it wasnt a private import. he was able to import it because he had a mate who was a customs clearing agent.

he doesnt have the original japanese log books. but he bought the car with 10km on it. got it upto 80km now and has log books for all the services done in that time

he wants 51k for it but im pretty sure i can push him to the high 40s

what would you guys reckon abt those details?

car is absolutely stock

Aside from the dodgy importation, it sounds good to me, Robert.

If you haven't already, ask if the transmission outside the snap ring range, and when the timing belt & water pump service was last done (date & km). Other than that I think I'd be asking to make a time for an inspection and test drive...

PM me if you want me to come take a look at it with you.

I hope is not this NSX that you are talking about ........

it is that NSX

its advertised by himself and a dealership on his behalf

whats wrong with this vehicle?!?!?

I don't think there is anything wrong with the vehicle - its just a dealer playing games. The car has been for sale privately for some time. I was interested but was having trouble getting to Geelong and I am not really in a position to buy at the moment. I called the dealer and was told they had the car (in Melbourne city) so I stopped by (I'm following the advice here on Prime to look at as many cars as possible) but was then told they didn't and the ad was a mistake - this was three weeks ago and the ad is still there - Go figure!

All of this is now irrelevant as I believe the car may have been SOLD!

Did Chicken8 or Sweetchuck buy this car?

no it wasn't me

i'll call the owner again this week to check if its sold

i was hoping to spend under 50. but he was firm at 51k

see if he'll move now if the car is still for sale

I'll be taking my 92' NSX close back to stock with some OEM upgrades but it'll be closer to $60K.

FYI- Grants 91' with around 120K sold $58K and that was a firesale as grant was leaving for New York.

High 40's is very unrealistic.

find me a NSX and i'll tell you!

j/k

i dunno who she is. but i like the attention i get when shes my avatar

you'd get even more attention if you had an NSX avatar. :D

I think it's fair to say dealerships are selling ~$60K, whereas private sales are ~50-60K. Anything under 50K is either damaged goods or a lucky break (or you have unbelievable negotiation skills)

Well - it looks like I was wrong - sort of. The mt car in Geelong has popped back up at the dealer I referred to above (Prestige Motor Auctions) in South Melbourne. Maybe there is something wrong with the car?!!!

If the dealer has bought it I wouldn't have thought it would have paid much. Once a car falls into the hands of an a dealer in "pretige" cars, who knows what abuse it may suffer?

i rang the owner again today

the dealer is selling the car on his behalf. it is not a dealer car. he had agreed on $50k for me 2 weeks ago but i was unable to pull funds out of the market at that time.

then the dealer informed him that they can get him $60k for it. and he has signed a contract with Prestige to sell it on his behalf. and he no longer can talk prices with me

the car is a 1991 privately imported in 1997 and registered as a 1993

cut and shut you reckon?

Back