• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Washing my car - LifeSource water vs. water softeners.

What's the best type of water system?

• LifeSource Water.

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Water Softener

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Reverse Osmosis

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • De-Ionizer

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I get water spots on my black NSX whenever I wash it. Water softener websites say minerals are are contaminants but other sites like www.lifesourcewater.com say minerals are important nutrients. I don’t want to ruin my tap water just for washing my car. My buddy has a salt water softener but he still gets spots from the salt. In my house we drink spring water, because it tastes good. Has anybody out there heard of a system that is good for washing a car and still good for your health? Thanks!

I get water spots on my black NSX whenever I wash it. Water softener websites say minerals are are contaminants but other sites like www.lifesourcewater.com say minerals are important nutrients. I don’t want to ruin my tap water just for washing my car. My buddy has a salt water softener but he still gets spots from the salt. In my house we drink spring water, because it tastes good. Has anybody out there heard of a system that is good for washing a car and still good for your health? Thanks!
is the tap water that bad over there? :eek:

Dreamer, there are no miracles in water, but we have the LifeSource water system. The water is good to drink, the wife likes showering in it. Out here in southern cal ya gotta use a de-ionizer if ya want zero water spots on your car. NSXLuvr has it right, get CR Deionization for your car!

This is what I use on my black NSX. It's basically just a water filter in a spray gun.
I wash my car as normal, and then while it's still wet, go over it with the filtered water.

412T8QT205L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Last edited:
i second that idea. water in arizona must be one of worst in the country mineral-wise so to counter this, i have a regular, fairly large (4in dia by 12in long or so), home-depot sourced domestic water filter plumbed into my garage hose. no spots.

Dreamer, there are no miracles in water, but we have the LifeSource water system. The water is good to drink, the wife likes showering in it. Out here in southern cal ya gotta use a de-ionizer if ya want zero water spots on your car. NSXLuvr has it right, get CR Deionization for your car!

Thanks SpeedHack I'll definitely look into the De-Ionizer. This LifeSource System looks pretty interesting too. Does anyone else who owns one recommend it for drinking? What I’ve seen so far on the internet suggests that its the healthiest and greenest. Thoughts?

Thanks SpeedHack I'll definitely look into the De-Ionizer. This LifeSource System looks pretty interesting too. Does anyone else who owns one recommend it for drinking? What I’ve seen so far on the internet suggests that its the healthiest and greenest. Thoughts?

I have a LifeSource System and its great. The water feels and tastes good. The best part is the fact that there’s almost zero maintenance. My sales rep told me that LifeSource systems aren’t water softeners. I switched from a salt softener(which made the water taste nasty) to a Lifesource System( which tastes great and doesn’t replace important minerals with damaging salt). My take: LifeSource can’t be beat for drinking water from every tap in your house. But for washing cars? Not so much. Naturalnews.com:LifeSource whole-house water filtration systems are a top pick in ...

Back