• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

We need someone to make this for our NSX

I'd buy it. :cool:
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/y_IO9gMoyws" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nobody would want this?
Some of the new cars today come stock with this feature. My infiniti does and I use it all the time.

I don't think it's a question of who would want this, but rather who would make this. Yeah...it's a cool feature (my 2005 Accord has it) but at the end of the day, you have to look at the market potential. There's a helluva lot more C-5/C-6 owners out there than OBD-2 NSX owners with remote key fobs. Then consider the vast majority of NSX owners park their cars indoors nearly all the time which would negate the need to vent in the first place. I'm not saying our cars never get parked outside but it's certainly the exception rather than the rule. So, speaking strictly from a dollars and cents standpoint, the production of a device like this for the NSX would almost certainly be a money losing proposition.

how can someone live with a ripped seat like that I would burn the car if it was that bad. fixing a seat isn't that costly ugghhh

vetteseat.jpg

what's the point of this?

my 2006 Lexus has it as a standard feature... it is great for when you are parked outside on a hot sunny day as it lets all that hot air out before you get in....a very nice feature to have in sunny So Cal.:cool:

Last edited:
works on my toyotas and nissan cars. but the lock 3 times will cause my remote start to work lol

my 2006 Lexus has it as a standard feature... it is great for when you are parked outside on a hot sunny day as it lets all that hot air out before you get in....a very nice feature to have in sunny So Cal.:cool:
Help me understand. You're walking towards your car parked on the sun. Roll the windows down to vent hot air out. This saves say 15 seconds of your time versus getting there rolling windows down manually. Am I getting this right?
But also introduces another point of failure and you may end up leaving your car parked overnight with windows down. On the tech side it's not hard to do at all. Not sure if that C5 uses CAN bus but I think it does and it's pretty easy to control any switch attached to the harness. Also at this point for our cars you better off installing some two way aftermarket alarm system (Viper and such) which will have this feature too. I can see this beneficial if you can roll down and stop say 2" down. So say you're leaving office or something and before you even left the building you roll windows down to vent the cabin. Otherwise it's pretty useless addon as far as I can see.

Help me understand. You're walking towards your car parked on the sun. Roll the windows down to vent hot air out. This saves say 15 seconds of your time versus getting there rolling windows down manually. Am I getting this right?
But also introduces another point of failure and you may end up leaving your car parked overnight with windows down. On the tech side it's not hard to do at all. Not sure if that C5 uses CAN bus but I think it does and it's pretty easy to control any switch attached to the harness. Also at this point for our cars you better off installing some two way aftermarket alarm system (Viper and such) which will have this feature too. I can see this beneficial if you can roll down and stop say 2" down. So say you're leaving office or something and before you even left the building you roll windows down to vent the cabin. Otherwise it's pretty useless addon as far as I can see.

15 seconds is a lot when you just want to get in and go for impatient mofo's like me:tongue: also, it is nice not having to get in a 140 degree oven to turn it on and roll down the windows ... don't think you would leave car parked over night with windows down with this feature on my is250, since you have to hold down the unlock button to activate it.

- - - Updated - - -

I had a 91 VW Corrado that did that. That features been around awhile.

I used to love those!!! They are harder to find these days then an NSX....

Adds weight.

I'd rather fry.

Jesus some of you people look too far into things.
It's a simple little $100something mod.
It rolls up and down windows within range of your stock key FOB working.

For being standard on most new vehicles today, it wasn't that crazy of a thought for our cars.

For those who say there isn't a huge market for it, maybe not. But all the vendors we have for our cars risk building something with the limited market we already have.
It's sold for $150 let's just say. Parts cost probably 25% of that. Selling 4 of these would make their money back and then some. I bet at least 10% of the Prime Community would be interested in this product which in my opinion would be well worth the build of the product.

LOL @ adds weight.

I hope you realize I was joking.

Anyway, this won't work on an NSX. The electronics aren't there through OBDII. You can add this feature easily in the aftermarket, or through 2 relays if you understand electronics. I don't think its a very valuable feature on an NSX though... on a daily luxury car in a hot climate it's still a maybe. But if you want it, you can certainly add it to your car. All it takes is an aftermarket module, a drill, some wire cutters, and an installer who will gladly cut the OEM wiring for you to install this aftermarket thing that will hopefully last.

How does it help with that?

My Honda Ridgeline has this feature, but I rarely use it. It is wasting the life of remote battery.

Our NSX's don't need this feature. I would not want to add any more of spaghetti running around under the dashboard. I guess that would add more like Turbo2go stated :tongue:

LOL! I would not park my car in a tight spot to begin with, so I dont need to to climb in/out of the windows. Plus I am too old to do that

I don't think it would ever work on an NSX, as even the OBD-2 models don't have anything like a "window control ECU" on the vehicle bus, which the corvette must have, in order to respond to messages like "open windows" or "close windows"

I don't think it would ever work on an NSX, as even the OBD-2 models don't have anything like a "window control ECU" on the vehicle bus, which the corvette must have, in order to respond to messages like "open windows" or "close windows"

Yup, that's what I said. This will not work on an NSX.

Back