• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

What are we hoarding?

I'm hoarding immense amounts of...

• ... corn, to cook my own ethanol in the still out... (nevermind)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ... rice, to power my Honda

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • ... wheat

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ... livestock, for the healthy protein and the pleasant company

• ... oil (I ride the bus and it sticks to my shirts)

• ... all-natural gas

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • ... copper (she won't know the difference)

• Total voters
Behavior changed last year when I made my daily driver the Honda Fit. Thought about getting something a bit quicker but went with economy. As for purchases, I tend to go out less. I cook more, which is actually cool, never thought I'd enjoy cooking but its fun messing around in the kitchen. If I do go out, I stick to the less pricey spots. I also pack a lunch for work now. The extra $$$ I save goes into the bank. (Of course my TV literally blew up this week so it is getting replaced with a fancy flat panel TV so some of the bank money went buh bye :tongue: ) Havent really hoarded anything though, at least not out of the ordinary. Im an old school boyscout and always have a stash of food and water to last for a while in the garage in case of emergencies.

Federal market regulators say the soaring price of most commodities over the past year reflects increased demand rather than investor speculation.

Rice 122%

Wheat* 95%

Soybeans 83%

Crude oil 82%

Corn 66%

Gasoline 41%

Gold 37%

Sugar 30%

Coffee 24%

Milk 5%

Live cattle -7%

Lumber -14%

* On the Chicago Board of Trade

Last edited:
Q-tips. We are running low so I have a small stash I have hidden from Renee. After she is totally out I will be able to control the market and sell them at 5 bucks a peice, and I am cutting them in half!:wink: :biggrin:

I'm hoarding ammo. 9mm mostly.:wink:

made me chuckle, but then it also made me think, I need to hoard some ammo as well... the 5.56/.223 variety. I need to check when the next gun show is so I can buy a few ammo cans.

Q-tips! lol
how about cigarettes?

Thoughts on commodity inflation? Are you changing behavior much (or just driving a little less)?

I think for most people, they can't drive much less than they are. I look at myself, all I really do is drive to work and back, to the gym and to my friends. What can I really cut out? It's not like I go joy riding, or take road trips for the fun of it. I think most people are probably in the same boat.
And the same goes for food. Just because it's expensive doesn't mean you're going to go on a diet and starve yourself.

I think all this means is the rest of the economy will suffer. I pay more for gas and food, so I have less to spend on everything else that's not essential.

I think for most people, they can't drive much less than they are. I look at myself, all I really do is drive to work and back, to the gym and to my friends. What can I really cut out? It's not like I go joy riding, or take road trips for the fun of it. I think most people are probably in the same boat.
And the same goes for food. Just because it's expensive doesn't mean you're going to go on a diet and starve yourself.

I think all this means is the rest of the economy will suffer. I pay more for gas and food, so I have less to spend on everything else that's not essential.

Bicycle to the gym instead! Or just bicycle instead of the gym and lift paint cans :).

I just heard about this so called rice shortage. I've decided to stock pile Fruity Pebbles and Cap'n Crunch Berries.

I just heard about this so called rice shortage. I've decided to stock pile Fruity Pebbles and Cap'n Crunch Berries.

Makes me think about this property I was looking at to buy. I walk in this ladies apartment and she is sitting at a small table with a bag of pretzels and two bowls. She was separating the broken pretzels from the unbroken pretzels. She said she had to feed the broken ones to her gerbil. I asked her why she wouldn't just crush up a handful for the gerbil and she looked at me like I just killed Jesus.

Lucky Charms!!

Oh yeah need to stock up on ammo too...thanks for the reminder...:tongue: :biggrin:

I hoard nothing,,my wife on the other hand hoards everything from friggen overstock.com:eek: :mad:

Gold!

Toilet paper. Your can never have enough.:biggrin:

Rockfish
my.php
[/URL][/IMG]

Piles of AAPL stock and one of the last production NSX's ever made. :biggrin:

Back