• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What are your Dyno results? Graphs most welcome!

Hi all.

I recently dyno'ed my 2000 with Taitec GT lightweight and comptech filter. results came in at 292 HP, 289 & 291.

Dyno-exhaust2007-02-01.jpg

I've been told these results are very optimistic. Yet both NSX1 (Steve) and VanceHu (Vance) both showed high numbers. I believe they were 294 and 295 to the wheels! before Steve's charger and Vance's headers.

Can anyone explain?
Are the post 99' NSXs showing more power on the dyno's?

I'm trying to figure out if my results are true or I merely had a "lucky" run on the dyno machine.

thanks

Last edited:
I don't really know what to say. First high number I saw at autowave was Vance's car. That was 295 with just an exhaust. Then I saw I think nsxsupra's (perhaps someone elses car)... and that was quite high.... last has been your car, at 292, with an exhaust.

These are very high numbers indeed. We are talking about a car that SHOULD dyno at about 250 HP stock to the wheels, and you guys are getting over 40 more with an aftermarket muffler. That seems like a lot.

For reference, my own car, which is a 2005 with around 5000 miles at dynotime, dynoed at 250 HP stock on a dynomite dyno. Stick-e-rice dynoed his modified car on a dynomite, and I believe had around 230 or so... dissapointed, he went to another dyno and got a much higher number.

Of course I am happy for anyone who has a 300 RWHP NSX, but I am really wondering... does your car or vance's car really have FORTY TWO rear wheel horsepower more than my car? That is a very significant #, way past tolerance issues and production differences. How do you explain this huge difference?

There is nothing else to attribute this to other than the dyno itself. I have been told by Dyno manufacturers that there can be a 10-15% variance in dynos. That is just a huge number... certainly something like that cannot be called "accurate". Yet people compare these numbers on the forum as if they were dead on...

I think the only acceptable #'s are ones that are gained or lost on the same car on the same dyno. Furthermore, I know everyone looks at the highest #, but that doesn't mean much when it comes to mods. Vance's Fujitsubo header dyno shows a peak of over 300 now, but if you look at the graph, there is actually some power lost a good portion of the RPM band. Its certainly a quality part and it sounds great... but does it make the car faster?

Last edited:
My '05 had a baseline dyno around 255 WHP and then dyno'd at 361 with CT I/SC/H/E...

Do you have the last graph?

This is a number one can count on, because it was same car, same dyno. That 255 sounds right to me, being within 5 HP of what I got.

Do you have the last graph?

This is a number one can count on, because it was same car, same dyno. That 255 sounds right to me, being within 5 HP of what I got.

I'll have to scan and post it first. BTW, all dyno's were done at CT. My first dyno with the CTSC was only 336 WHP... but after they had their dyno recalibrated by the factory and did additional turning on the new Autorotor kit, my car dyno'd at 361 WHP.

I'm trying to figure out if my results are true or I merely had a "lucky" run on the dyno machine.
Jose,

I think your # are reasonable. If you have second thoughts, there are plenty of other shops that doesn't even work on NSX in the area that can dyno your NSX. Dynoxtreme, XP engineering, SP Engineering, etc. I think it is unnecessary, only if you want something to compare.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dave,

An NA2 with 290hp should dyno at very minimum 255.2rwhp assuming 12% drivetrain loss. Intake/Header should bring it up 15~20rwhp=270.2~275rwhp.

On average an 02+ should dyno 260~265rwhp. +-/10 is reasonable, you can always try another dyno just for reference. If you compare 2 extreme case or high and low, yes, the difference seem significant. However if you check something in between, not so bad. There are dynos that read high, yet, some may read too low as well. Got to be reasonable and think both ways. I believe 02+ NSX is understated in power from the factory by at least 10hp.

I had my dynoed at Dynoxtreme at 371rwhp. John (Scorp) GruppeM Supercharged 350rwhp with lots more tq on the same dyno. 760nsx/Samson's 2000 NSX with I/Comptech H/Anytime E dynoed 290rwhp on the same dyno. Same shop as Matt Andrew uses, they won the Redline time attack street class recently with a BPU+++ Supra running stock turbos:
http://www.dynoxtreme.net/homedynoxtreme.htm
19.jpg

Stick-e-rice dynoed his modified car on a dynomite, and I believe had around 230 or so... dissapointed, he went to another dyno and got a much higher number.
That was in Denver, very high altitude.

He actually got lower numbers on dynojet if you look at the uncorrected#s:
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showpost.php?p=752772&postcount=36

The dyno# really is just for reference, trap speed is better indication, yet even track have different variations that effect trap speed. Ryan1926 in his NA1 95 NSX-T full weight trapped 114.1mph with 350rwhp in 2 difference type of dynos (dynojet and dynodynamic). That is easily in 03 stock E55 category, I seen plenty of E55s trap 111~114mph, with 12.2~12.4sec ET. My 1/8mile trap speed with crappy launch in Irwindale before headers are similar or just a tad less than E55's 1/8 mile trap speed.

Last edited:
Jason I was not saying anyone is doing anything sneaky, financial interest and stuff... I believe the discrepency in numbers to just be vast differences in the dynos.

How else do you explain the 40 HP difference between my and NSX-Tuners 2005 cars and you guys at autowave? Surely a muffler (we are not talking headers) cannot be adding 40 HP to the NSX. So what gives?

Keep it coming guys.....ALL input is appreciated.

I'm most interested in 2000/2001 NSXs but couldn't seem to find many on the forums. I've been told the exhaust manifold's are slightly different from the '97-'99 vs. '00-'01

I'm performing some testing now........and I'll give my results in a couple weeks.

Thanks Jason, I'm going to look into another Dyno-shop for verification.

Jason I was not saying anyone is doing anything sneaky, financial interest and stuff... I believe the discrepency in numbers to just be vast differences in the dynos.

How else do you explain the 40 HP difference between my and NSX-Tuners 2005 cars and you guys at autowave? Surely a muffler (we are not talking headers) cannot be adding 40 HP to the NSX. So what gives?
Dave,
You are one of my favorite primer:smile: . I really don't want this to be seem like arguing again. Last thing I ever want to get sucked into is more arugments.:redface:

My point is we should think both ways. Lets assume one dyno reads high on the edge of 1 extreme. While another dyno reads low also on edge of other extreme. In your case, 250rwhp bone stock is really boardline reasonable (290x.88-255.2rwhp). Can you guarantee that dyno is correctly calibrated. That particulare dynometer may have read 5~15rwhp too low. It is a possibliity that we can not rule out, on top of that. You didn't have exhuast, add another 10~18rwhp for the exhaust, suddenly the gap is not that big. Another thing you might check is that usually dyno shops have files saved. You can ask what other well known cars usually dyno there, for example E46 M3, F360 Modena, S2k, 350z, C5, C6, etc. Then you can see if it reads low.

NSXtuner's calibrated number + tunning increased by almost 30 rwhp, could he had dynoed a bit higher than 255rwhp pre-ctsc under the same condition.

Jason don't worry about seeming like you are arguing... I prefer you speak your mind, I am not going to be offended at anything.

You may be right, my dyno may have been low. It seems that dynomites read low... 250 was actually the high one for me. The others were like 248 and 249. It would be really dissapointing to think that my new car is THAT much weaker than everyone else's if all these dynos were correct.

I am getting another dyno reading with the CTSC and the Gt-One exhaust on Friday. We'll see what that shows. I will then take the car to another dyno and see what it shows. Different brand of dyno.

I am also very curious as to what Jose will see on another dyno. Maybe its the california air man, maybe I am living in the wrong place. I should move to CA where your NSX grows bigger balls. Cojones Grandes as you people say in LA... :biggrin:

Jason don't worry about seeming like you are arguing... I prefer you speak your mind, I am not going to be offended at anything.

You may be right, my dyno may have been low. It seems that dynomites read low... 250 was actually the high one for me. The others were like 248 and 249. It would be really dissapointing to think that my new car is THAT much weaker than everyone else's if all these dynos were correct.

I am getting another dyno reading with the CTSC and the Gt-One exhaust on Friday. We'll see what that shows. I will then take the car to another dyno and see what it shows. Different brand of dyno.

I am also very curious as to what Jose will see on another dyno. Maybe its the california air man, maybe I am living in the wrong place. I should move to CA where your NSX grows bigger balls. Cojones Grandes as you people say in LA... :biggrin:

Dave,

Does this mean you actually have the CTSC installed, and running? If so congrats, it's been a long time coming (I think you had your comptech boxes before I even ordered my supercharger). :biggrin:

- John

Dave,
Don't think about the #s. They are perfectly fine, the dynometer probably just dyno on the edge of the extrme low side. You can check their other dyno plots for other non-nsx cars, and see if they all dyno lower than they should. Plus your car was stock, the exhuast alone significantly reduced the gap on NA2. Of course moving to California would be a big plus, come on you know you want to. Meets weekly:biggrin:.

Can you please do me a favor, when you go back to the shop for both dynos, ask them to give you the dyno plot on a disk or e-mail the file to you.

My 94 with Comptech headers and Comptech Autorotor supercharger did 347.3rwhp and 243rwtq. The predyno with just Comptech headers was 254.3rwhp and 194rwtq. Both runs were done at Comptech.

Max boost is 7.4psi from 5700rpm-6200rpm.
Temp was 70.8F

5847dyno.JPG

Thanks.

Otto

Attachments

• boost.jpg
    boost.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:
My old car:

1993 3.0 liter, anytime 'race' exhaust, cantrell AIS, stock headers, stock filter/airbox.

261 rwhp/202 rwtq on a dynojet.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50726

113_1314.jpg

My new car:

1991 3.0 liter, older comptech/DC headers, no cats, HKS exhaust, Comptech airbox. Dyno from 2001 and prior owner (robr).

265 rwhp/198 rwtq on a dynojet.

nsxdyno.jpg

The car is currently w/cats, and with a cantrell AIS and AC deletion as additional power modification (the AC deletion also provides a good amount of weight reduction and a huge increase in brake cooling). I expect it is making similar power.

I realize some people question the accuracy of the Autowave dyno so I went to compare what Comptech shows on their site, for their car, on their dyno. The numbers are almost identical with what "NSX1" is showing from Autowave.

NSX1 Dyno, I/H/E = 295 whp
Comptech Dyno, I/H/E = 293 whp

NSX1 Dyno, SC/I/H/E = 369 whp
Comptech Dyno, SC/I/H/E = 367 whp

Comptech graph can be seen here.

http://comptechusa.com/store/media/dyno/2000NSXscPlot3.pdf

NSX1 dyno results can be seen here

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80260

My 1995 3.0L with Comptech I/H/E put down 260whp & 199ft/lbs torque. After the CTSC install my car put down 354whp & 250ft/lbs torque. Both dyno runs were done on the same dyno at Turbohoses R&D. Here's a link to my dyno graph. Ignore the Air:Fuel Ratio portion of the graph (measured at the tailpipe). Comptech measured the Air:Fuel Ratio using an O2 bung and it was just fine (see Comptech graph in Post #16).

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65139

If anyone is looking for a dyno of their nsx let me know.

3 runs with air temp, air fuel for 50$. (nsx prime member price only) :biggrin:

Our dyno is the EXACT same setup as Comptech and Autowave's. We are one of the small handful of shops in California that has the Dyno Dynamics setup in California.

its the 450 Dyno Dynamics 2WD.

You can reach me at

Speed Oracle Performance Garage
661-251-SOPG (7674)
26516 Ruther Ave 211
Santa Clarita CA

Dave,

Does this mean you actually have the CTSC installed, and running? If so congrats, it's been a long time coming (I think you had your comptech boxes before I even ordered my supercharger). :biggrin:

- John

Its on... but the car is not finished yet... probably this week. yes, its been a looooooooooong time. I don't know if I am more excited about the SC or the sound of that exhaust...

My 94 with Comptech headers and Comptech Autorotor supercharger did 347.3rwhp and 243rwtq. The predyno with just Comptech headers was 254.3rwhp and 194rwtq. Both runs were done at Comptech.

Max boost is 7.4psi from 5700rpm-6200rpm. (just edited to add boost curve as attachement)

5847dyno.JPG

Thanks.

Otto
otto_joe, Not to hijack this thread but do you know the temperature of this run where you made 7.5 psi of boost? As you may have read in one of my FI threads I'm trying to gather data on the Autorotor CTSC boost levels at cold temperatures. The bad news is, is it makes more boost but doesn't have the fuel supply for it. The good news is with fuel someone got some decent power gains with high boost.

Back