• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

what battery do I need for a 91 nsx?

Can someone tell me the size/type of dry cell battery to get for a 91 nsx??

You can get whatever battery you like. I recommend a Honda battery though the Optima batteries are good, which is what I have. Alternatively, Sear's batteries are kick ass too.

The OP was asking about dry cell batteries and a proper model/size not a general battery recommendation.

I suggest finding a Odyssey Dealer and see what they say fits without needing a special or custom mount.

Here's a link. http://www.odysseybatteries.com/

I have an Odyssey PC680MJT on my NSX. Some people go with the bigger battery PC925MJT. Make sure you get the MJT version if your going with Odyssey.

It really depends what your needs are. The PC680 has less CCA and CA, but weights less. You can't let the PC680 sit too long (over 3 weeks) or else it will drain your battery. But that can be solved with a battery tender.

Odyssey corporate office (not vendors) has excellent customer service. They sent me a free replacement battery and mine was out of warranty by two years.

As pbassjo mentioned, you will need a custom mount. You can get it from Dali Racing or make something yourself.

Last edited:
I got a battery from Costco. Group size was 35. When I had it, I couldn't complain, plus I love Costco's return policy. . .

Back