• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

WHAT CAR COVER?

I just put on my factory one from the Acura dealer. It fits like a glove and has the nice NSX logo embroidered on the front. I dont think you could ask for a better fit. Just in time for the 2nd hurricane in as many weeks. Gotta love the gulf coast.

Originally posted by NSXnBRLA:
I just put on my factory one from the Acura dealer. It fits like a glove and has the nice NSX logo embroidered on the front. I dont think you could ask for a better fit. Just in time for the 2nd hurricane in as many weeks. Gotta love the gulf coast.

lol.so how much is the cover from acura?

I also JUST got a cover.. OEM from acura, 146.00 from goodson acura, TX. Ask for steve.

Originally posted by NetViper:
I also JUST got a cover.. OEM from acura, 146.00 from goodson acura, TX. Ask for steve.

you guys are amazing.always helping people out.no wonder I always feel like family in here.

thanks guys

A few comments:

1. Get a car cover that is custom-made for the NSX. That could be the OEM one, or an aftermarket one. Just do NOT get a one-size-fits-all car cover for medium-sized cars.

2. Most custom car covers I've seen are well-made. The biggest difference from one to another is the type of fabric used. There are about ten different fabrics on the market, each with its benefits and drawbacks. This is described on the websites of each of the vendors of car covers (see below).

3. There's no particular advantage (or disadvantage) to the OEM cover, other than I think it may have Acura or the NSX logo silkscreened on it. It's worthwhile comparing costs versus aftermarket covers.

4. There are several vendors of aftermarket covers, with useful information on their websites in addition to prices etc.:

CGI Motorsports
California Car Cover
Big Sky Car Cover

For more information, check out:
http://www.nsxprime.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/005474.html http://www.nsxprime.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/004253.html http://www.nsxprime.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/004196.html http://www.nsxprime.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/002226.html

and, of course,
http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/Accessories/covermask.htm

Gee, I'm starting to sound like... never mind.

I have a custom fit Techsoft cover from Big Sky Car Cover Outlet in Montana 800-221-4875. I paid $149 including shipping a couple of years ago. It's just perfect! Fit, quality, etc. - just perfect. It takes a few weeks to get it.

Originally posted by NSXnBRLA:
...has the nice NSX logo embroidered on the front.

You know, I'm not sure if this is a good thing. I wouldn't want people to know that it's an NSX under there. Best to keep them guessing and just leave the car well enough alone IMO.

Originally posted by Joel:
You know, I'm not sure if this is a good thing. I wouldn't want people to know that it's an NSX under there. Best to keep them guessing and just leave the car well enough alone IMO.

I would say.keep them drooling
smile.gif

Originally posted by nsxtasy:
1. Get a car cover that is custom-made for the NSX.
2. The biggest difference from one to another is the type of fabric used.

This is really great advice. I have an older custom cover on my '91 Civic Si, and it fits LIKE A GLOVE! The fabric is fine (Evolution 3?). I also have the factory cover for my NSX, and, of course, it fits like a glove, too. Honestly, I'd have to say the Civic cover is probably a little better than the NSX cover.
smile.gif

Don't forget to get a locking cable and a carry bag for it.

And, take care of it--don't let it touch the ground, wash it occasionally, and treat it well. It'll last forever!

--Ed

Originally posted by AnotherNSXGuy:

This is really great advice. I have an older custom cover on my '91 Civic Si, and it fits LIKE A GLOVE! The fabric is fine (Evolution 3?). I also have the factory cover for my NSX, and, of course, it fits like a glove, too. Honestly, I'd have to say the Civic cover is probably a little better than the NSX cover.
smile.gif

Don't forget to get a locking cable and a carry bag for it.

And, take care of it--don't let it touch the ground, wash it occasionally, and treat it well. It'll last forever!

--Ed

Who makes the evolution cover?

Originally posted by NSX TT:
Who makes the evolution cover?

Evolution 3 is a three-layered fabric that allows moisture underneath to evaporate while preventing moisture outside from getting through. There is also a similar, four-layered fabric. Both fabrics are made by Kimberly-Clark (the Wisconsin folks who make Kleenex facial tissues). Most of the car cover manufacturers (see links above) offer a variety of fabrics, including one or more of these layered fabrics from Kimberly-Clark.

I just got my oem cover not too long ago and it fits like a glove. Very nice and I like the logo, since I use the cover at home only.
Has anyone washed there cover? do you just put it in the wash or get it dry cleaned?

Originally posted by HPV100:

Has anyone washed there cover? do you just put it in the wash or get it dry cleaned?

I haven't washed either of my covers recently. (one is wrapped up, the other just isn't being used). But, when I did, I always went down the local laundromat and used one of the mongo-big-industrial sized machines.

Ed

Originally posted by Joel:

Then everyone that passes by, will look both ways to make sure no one's coming, and raise up the cover to see whats under it.

Back