• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What do you guys think about the Carbon fiber dash trim?

I would prefer to have actual carbon fiber replacement pieces because they look more 'correct' to me than overlays.

<!--StartFragment -->
fie.gif

I just had my M5 interior done in CF. Contact Fiber Design in the Bay Area, they will convert your stock trim parts to CF. Cost $600 for the 8 piece M5 interior. Just hate the wood look.....

Since they are remaking stock trim parts, I am sure they can do just about any car.

Dont have an email, but you can go here:
http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=57907

Downforce does produce a real carbon fiber center console piece. I'm sure they can produce the other pieces at affordable prices.

Hate it. Looks like something that would be done to a NOPI inspired Civic, not an NSX. Stock looks fine to me. If you want to liven things up, I think painting the trim body color is acceptable. The overlays just scream "CHEESY!!!!" to me. If you gotta have the look then go with a liquid transfer process. It's more expensive, and it's still not real, but at least it isn't a glorified sticker.

Dave Hardy said:
Hate it. Looks like something that would be done to a NOPI inspired Civic, not an NSX. Stock looks fine to me. If you want to liven things up, I think painting the trim body color is acceptable. The overlays just scream "CHEESY!!!!" to me. If you gotta have the look then go with a liquid transfer process. It's more expensive, and it's still not real, but at least it isn't a glorified sticker.

Isn't the cf piece that accompany's the NSX-R mesh boot just a sticker? :confused:

It appears so from the pictures I have seen.

Dave Hardy said:
Have you seen it in person, Dave?

I don't understand this venemous attitude towards a piece of decorative interior trim. :confused: :confused:

I always thought you were a pretty decent NSX owner/poster. I just don't comprehend this bitter attitude towards something that could be a thing of personal taste.

I didn't put the carbon fiber trim on the car. But since it's on there, I really like it. Would I have put it on there if it wasn't there to begin with? Probably.

It's not gaudy, not ricey, imho. What's with this huge negative attitude?? :confused: :confused:

AutoVation said:
Did Honda commit a crime on the Type-R? :confused:

I just ordered one from SOS tonight also. :biggrin:
I'm bewildered by all the negative comments. Don't like something, fine, but don't go bashing it, unless it's truly gaudy or useless.

You'll find rare NSX bashing from me, unless something is truly hideous.

I understand that people are unique, and what appeals to some may not appeal to others. I just don't get this narrow minded segment of the NSX owner population who seem to like to attack even fairly benign things, like carbon fiber overlays for the NSX interior.

The NSX interior has not been updated in 15 years, so is it a crime for someone to try to enhance the interior with some after-market parts? Even if those parts aren't "genuine" carbon fiber, is that such a crime??

I was waiting for the HSC, but chose to buy an NSX, a 15 year old at that. Is it a huge crime that has been committed that the interior has been slightly modified to change from a stock look??

:confused: :confused: :confused:

I'm really really disappointed at a couple posters in this thread. :mad:

I just became aware that a couple of the negative bashers don't even OWN an NSX. That's really sad. To comment on something you don't even own, and not even going to NSXPO.

It's really easy to be sitting behind a keyboard, posting all kinds of opinions without any kind of thought.

This forum has been great with lots of NSX enthusiasts. It's really gratifying to see people help each other. It's really disappointing to see a simple thread about a dash trim turn so ugly. :mad: :mad:

I don't think they were bashing you personaly. They were just stating their opinion, and they don't have to own a NSX to have an opinion. That's just my opinion.

Sorry you didn't appreciate my tone. The original poster asked "What do you guys think about the Carbon fiber dash trim? Opinions and thoughts?" So I gave my opinions and thoughts as requested.

Had he said "Hey - check out my new dash trim" I'd not have posted under the guise of if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything. But in this case an opinion was sought out.

I don't yet own an NSX, but my opinion on this would be no more or less valid if I did. The thing is, if you love it, that is just as valid of an opinion. It's a subjective topic and opinions will vary, and that's OK.

The fake cf is all over the 92 I just bought - I'm ripping it out as soon as I have time to also refinish all of the pieces that will be mauled by ripping the "stickers" off. You can have my trim free if you want. In my opinion it really cheeses the interior. I have my '95 with the stock finish to compare it to. Now REAL cf (non-overlays) is another story... that might look pretty good.

MLmotorsport said:
The fake cf is all over the 92 I just bought - I'm ripping it out as soon as I have time to also refinish all of the pieces that will be mauled by ripping the "stickers" off. You can have my trim free if you want. In my opinion it really cheeses the interior. I have my '95 with the stock finish to compare it to. Now REAL cf (non-overlays) is another story... that might look pretty good.

Ditto times ten. Nothing personal or negative towards those who have it, but mine had it as well in the past and it came right out. If you like the CF look, then pay to have someone do it right. While the sticker kits are cheap and easy, it cheapens the look of the interior. To me it is just as bad as throwing cheap seat covers on instead of paying to have the seat recovered right. Just my opinion though.

Here's jpeg of my car just after I bought it 3 years ago, and another one 2 mos later. I don't know how old the CF decals were , but they were bubbled, peeling & faded looking.

Attachments

• CONSOLE BEFORE.jpg
    CONSOLE BEFORE.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 782
  • CONSOLE-AFTER_new1.jpg
    CONSOLE-AFTER_new1.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 774
Back