• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What else should I do with a Comptech SC Install?

HotRod said:
Don't use the K&N filter. Surf our site for more details. Mark Basch or NSXTech, has done more CTSC installs than anyone on the planet. He highly discourages the use of this product.

Rod
:confused: :confused: :confused:

Nsxdemon81 said:
Don't use K&N on CTSC cars? I never heard this what is the reason?

Ive never heard of this either :confused:

I conducted a search initially and didn't see any conversation about not using the K&N with the CTSC...seems odd that Comptech would have their own cold air intake and recommend its use if there was an issue...or are you saying it is specifically the K&N filter?

Thanks so much for the dialogue on this topic...I don't think I'll change the clutch now as I have only 28K miles on my car and it seems to be fine...maybe later if it starts to show signs of slippage...

Mike

MarkB said:
Larry,

Is it a big deal to install a new fuel pump?

It's not terribly difficult, however, having a lift makes the job easy / possible.

You will need to partially drain the fuel tank (there is a drain plug on the bottom). You will then need to drop the tank as the access port to the tank is hidden by the firewall. Once dropped, the swap takes about 10 minutes. You can then remove the voltage bumper Once installed, you will want to verify air/fuel output and adjust the Comptech FMU as needed.

You can check out the part here:
http://www.scienceofspeed.com/products/engine_performance_products/NSX/Walbro/

We've replaced several stock uel pumps in the last year that have failed or were on their way out. It'd be a good idea to make sure that your pump and filter is in good health, especially on a supercharged car with a pump that is being pushed beyond it's mechanical design.

Cheers,
-- Chris

Thanks Chris. I have a lift so access should not be an issue. Since it is the fuel system, I should disconnect the battery first - right?:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Not a bad idea. ;) The tank removal process is outlined in the service manual.

Cheers,
-- Chris

MarkB said:
Thanks Chris. I have a lift so access should not be an issue. Since it is the fuel system, I should disconnect the battery first - right?:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Chris@SoS said:
You can then remove the voltage bumper Once installed, you will want to verify air/fuel output and adjust the Comptech FMU as needed.
Chris,
Could you provide some detailed description of how to accomplish the procedures you mention, or will I have all the info I need using the combined Walbro installation instructions/Comptech CTSC install pdf?
I'll be installing a CTSC and am thinking of getting the Walbro fuel pump. But I would like to know that I have all instructions that I'll need before starting the install. Thanks.

If you get a clutch upgrade I reccomend the Stage3 from Clutchmaster. I have it with my high boost GJ turbo, its rated to 450-500 horsepower. GJ had the stage 3 on his own car boosting to 15+ PSI, 17,000 miles and it looked so new Clutchmasters accepted it back as new , charging him only the difference in new price for the stage 4.

The stage 3 is just like stock feel . . its probably a couple grand or so, I forget. With a Comptech of any variety you will never need to worry about clutch if you choose this.

Good Luck!

Wolfie

K&N Filter.

This is certainly not the first time this has been discussed. I can remember several discussions discussing the attributes of the filter. The FAQ had a whole write up with pictures on this filter in a non-NSX and all the crap that was let in with that oiled cotton mesh. I think few would know as much as Mark Basch about this problem. When I spoke to him several years ago, he really believed that this filter was poor. I would believe him with your ~$8000 investment since he has placed so many of the ctsc. Learn by his experience.

Rod

Back