• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What is APPLE planning?

My current xps 17 is fully spec with 16gb ram, 3gb gpu. Never fully use the 16gb. I think 8 gb should be enough for me. Runs on i7 window ultimate. Too bad the new mbp retina's ram cannot be upgraded. Still i will get the cheaper option. I would still opt for bigger space for dual boot incase my work/ research requires some programme to run in window.

I think you get my point. Like I said, its not a big deal to me. But as a "professional" product, I would want complete control.
Then you want a CRT, simple as that. The very nature of an LCD screen limits the number of resolutions it can offer without artifacts. Very high resolution screens like the new MBP are a step in the right direction though.

I saw the mbp today. There was nobody on them in the apple store. Here are my impressions.

1. It's a lot bigger than I thought.
2. The screen is very nice. Easily the best laptop screen I have ever seen. Reminds me a lot of the iPad screen. Which I guess makes sense.

They do but its from Search and Ad Revenue. Not from Android. Points I made with evidence, yet you seem to ignore the facts.

blah blah blah

Yes the products are expensive but they are of the highest quality when compared to others.

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/5hfYJsQAhl0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Guys, please keep this thread civil and stop with the personal insults before the mods lock down the thread.

Guys, please keep this thread civil and stop with the personal insults before the mods lock down the thread.

I haven't seen personal insults so far, but I agree, let's keep it civil.

Apple FTW btw ;)

http://youtu.be/njos57IJf-0?hd=1

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/njos57IJf-0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Renderings of the next gen iPhone...

Probably the closest renderings out to what the next gen iPhone may look like:

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

I think changing the connector was a mistake. They will make a lot of people really annoyed. If everyone has to buy new connectors they may consider a different phone instead. Just my two cents.

I think changing the connector was a mistake. They will make a lot of people really annoyed. If everyone has to buy new connectors they may consider a different phone instead. Just my two cents.

I don't think its a mistake seeing as how the 30 pin one was just too big and took up too much space in an area where space is a luxury. Now if the headphone jack is on the bottom, that would be a very bad mistake.

I think downsizing the connector was inevitable, and they will have adapters available for use with existing accessories. I wish they would switch to a magsafe connector or use wireless induction though.

I think changing the connector was :cool:a mistake. They will make a lot of people really annoyed. If everyone has to buy new connectors they may consider a different phone instead. Just my two cents.

WAS? You're acting like its a fact that they changed it already. I would be annoyed too if they changed it as I already have a dock connector in my ridgeline. I'm sure IF they go with a new connector, there will be adapters sooner or later. Right now I was there was a dock connector-micro USB adapter so I could play music off my iPhone WHILE it's in the Mophie Juice Pack, but until then how about we wait and see what apple releases.

WAS? You're acting like its a fact that they changed it already. I would be annoyed too if they changed it as I already have a dock connector in my ridgeline. I'm sure IF they go with a new connector, there will be adapters sooner or later. Right now I was there was a dock connector-micro USB adapter so I could play music off my iPhone WHILE it's in the Mophie Juice Pack, but until then how about we wait and see what apple releases.

If you follow any tech blog I think the new connector is a done deal, but they could be wrong I suppose.

If you follow any tech blog I think the new connector is a done deal, but they could be wrong I suppose.

I've read the rumors, but let's not get ahead of ourselves.
Anyways, wanna buy some 30-pin dock connector cables? :p

I don't think its a mistake seeing as how the 30 pin one was just too big and took up too much space in an area where space is a luxury. Now if the headphone jack is on the bottom, that would be a very bad mistake.

Headphone jack on the bottom is a good place.

1. Flat on a desk, the wire comes out the bottom and toward you. Out the top, it has to turn backward and gets in the way. It also stresses out the wire which leads to fraying.

2. Inside your pocket, you put the phone head first. This is natural because when you hold it upright after using it, then lower your hand and put it in your pocket, the phone will naturally be head first. When I have headphones on, I have to flip the phone around as I put it in my pocket, which is opposite of how I normally do it.

3. There is precedent for this, as the iPod Touch has the headphone jack on the bottom.

Last edited:
Apple's Eyes Free coming to Chevy Spark, Sonic

http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-13746_7-57456579-48/apples-eyes-free-coming-to-chevy-spark-sonic/

Apple announced last week at the 2012 WWDC that many automakers have signed on to integrate Apple's Siri in their vehicles, but few have said which cars or when. However, two compacts from General Motors may be among the first to include the new "Eyes Free" feature in its vehicles, reports blog GM Authority.

The Chevrolet Spark and Chevrolet Sonic will be the first GM vehicles to get this latest infotainment feature. The two vehicles are already available with MyLink, an infotainment system that integrates with the driver's smartphone. MyLink leverages the handset's Internet connection to access a handful of navigation and entertainment mobile applications, such as Pandora, Stitcher, and GoGoLink, and uses Bluetooth connectivity to make and receive hands-free phone calls.

Like most other infotainment systems on the market, MyLink is voice-activated, but responds to only 50 or 60 commands (Ford Sync is the exception with 10,000 voice commands). However, with the upcoming Eyes Free integration, using MyLink could get a lot more intuitive for iPhone 4S users. Even better would be if GM let consumers skip purchasing MyLink all together and just rely entirely on their smartphone for telematics services, but don't count on that being an option any time soon.

No dates for an official announcement were given, but consumers can expect to hear more about it within the next 12 months, says GM Authority's source.

Do you guys use the 27" Thunderbolt display as well?

I have a Thunderbolt display and use it with my 13in Macbook Air. It's a very potent combination because the Air is extremely portable, but powerful enough to be run as a 'desktop'.

I am huge into photo editing and the 13in Air can even handle Final Cut Pro X video editing. Pretty awesome stuff.

Looking at those renderings, I don't like that home button is so close to the bottom edge. It looks like balance will be off and it will it easier to fumble & drop.

Looking at those renderings, I don't like that home button is so close to the bottom edge. It looks like balance will be off and it will it easier to fumble & drop.

It looks no different than the current iPhone.

I have a Thunderbolt display and use it with my 13in Macbook Air. It's a very potent combination because the Air is extremely portable, but powerful enough to be run as a 'desktop'.

I am huge into photo editing and the 13in Air can even handle Final Cut Pro X video editing. Pretty awesome stuff.

The latest Lion update will let you daisy chain two Thunderbolt displays off the Air :wink:

2d9sea0.png

Last edited:
The latest Lion update will let you daisy chain two Thunderbolt displays off the Air :wink:

2d9sea0.png

Dang! Although I personally couldn't figure out what to do with so much desktop real estate!

That pic reminded me of the pic I took after Steve Jobs passed away. I ran around the house finding all of the Apple stuff I could find.

tumblr_lsmst8Cxmi1r3959lo1_1280.jpg

2d9sea0.png

That is pretty awesome considering that the MBA is essentially a "netbook" class computer.

-J

The new MacBooks Pro are supposedly capable of running 3 thunderbolt displays! :eek:

It looks no different than the current iPhone.

On the current phone the distance between the edge of the phone to the button is about equal to the distance between the edge of the button to the little square in the middle of the button. In the above pic the distance appears to be less than that, even taking into account the angle of the pic.

Back