• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What is it with some Prime members wanting to sell a 16 yo part for MORE than new??

<rant "I put an ad requesting a stock coolant tank. I've seen them sell for $35-$50 before so I'm thinking that's what they'd sell for and I'd like to buy.

Wrong. Instead, I get two individuals who shall remain unnamed that tell me they can sell me theirs, without giving me a price up front... And when I ask, they want MORE than the tank is new. They assure me that it came off a 1997 (16 years old. 16) with low miles and has never been in the sun. One guy wanted "$100+ 'shipping'," the other wanted "$135 shipped."

News flash kids.. I can get a BRAND NEW
part from my local dealership for $101.24, and if I wanted to save $7.00, I can get it for $94.
http://www.oemacuraparts.com/?p=catalog&mode=search&search_in=all&search_str=19101-pr7-a02"

Are some Primers just greedy or treat others like they're stupid?
/rant>

Moderator: I won't be upset if you delete my post..

I feel the same way! Maybe its greed, ignorance or just laziness on their part in researching the true market price. You would think that sellers would research what the part costs brand new and what it's been selling for recently, but thats just not the case with everybody. It should be though...

Hi,

They must've learned from Kane (Umbrella)... when i told him precisely that and he
replied that his prices were not up for discussion....go figure.
(this was long ago and about some interior Targa pillars trim/cover)

Nuno

Only way I can see them charging more for the part than new if the part is discountinued.

OP:

you shouldn't be looking for a replacement used tank anyway, it should always be purchased brand new because of its age and the general deterioration that plastic undergoes after 16 years.
fyi:
In Canada, this new OEM tank is $215, consider yourself lucky.

OP:

you shouldn't be looking for a replacement used tank anyway, it should always be purchased brand new because of its age and the general deterioration that plastic undergoes after 16 years.
fyi:
In Canada, this new OEM tank is $215, consider yourself lucky.
+1 don't go for a used tank, your just buying your self a couple of months maybe a year.

BTW, local dealer ask $375 for the part, (i don't!)

Back