• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What is the OEM spoiler made of?

Good to know. I have acquired a spare spoiler with the intention of mounting some antennas on it...

So now I know a) it will not provide a ground plane to the antenna (since it isn't metal) and b) cutting/drilling it is going to be interesting.

Thanks!

No, it is fiberglass with lots of resin and glue. That is one tough wing as it did not experience any stress while be stood on by 155lb person.

Can someone update WIKI on this info?
Link: http://www.nsxprime.com/wiki/Closing_the_trunk,_engine_hatch,_hood

BTW. wiki states 180lbs man :biggrin:

- - - Updated - - -

No, it is fiberglass with lots of resin and glue. That is one tough wing as it did not experience any stress while be stood on by 155lb person.

Link: http://www.nsxprime.com/wiki/Closing_the_trunk,_engine_hatch,_hood

BTW. wiki states 180lbs man sitting on the wing :biggrin:

Can someone post a link to the picture? i wana see :eek:

Can someone explain why an average size person would stand or sit on an NSX spoiler? And what the heck are you thinking with antennas? You converting it to a cop ca..er, police pursuit vehicle?

And what the heck are you thinking with antennas? You converting it to a cop ca..er, police pursuit vehicle?

Bingo. Gotta stay informed. For safety.

Unfortunately, ever since the site moved last year, Lud has disabled the Wiki for all updates. He considered it to be a failure as very few people were contributing to it .. and he was hoping to migrate/convert it to a different software platform in the hopes that it would be easier to add information to. Unfortunately, that was almost a year ago .. but fortunately, he's still making it available to us as is. I believe there is universal support for the Wiki concept .. and the current format was a major improvement over the old FAQ and early Wiki attempts .. but the issue is largely around how information should get into the Wiki. Some argue that being able to search discussion threads is good enough .. but for popular topics, (and if you're lucky enough to use the right search criteria) you're likely saddled with the problem of reading 30 threads (some of which might go on for pages) and then try to assess multiple views from multiple people to get what you want. That or you don't come up with anything yet you know there was a great DIY thread but you can't find it. The Wiki attempted to cut through some of that by (a) making things easier to find, and (b) distilling multiple threads down to just what you need. The bad news is that distillation takes knowledgable volunteers and time .. however, new information keeps pouring in via discussion threads. I think Lud's hope is that a new software platform could somehow aggregate all threads on a topic .. but I think that's only marginally better than being presented with the results of a search .. you still have to wade through the content yourself.
Sorry to go OT .. but the Wiki is one of my passions.

Before the data move, I was under the impression wiki use/updates was on the upswing. I saw more references to it in threads, people saying they put new info in. There was even an NSX Wiki Champion. Kind of a bummer it is no longer available for updates.

In aviation, when installing aerials on a surface that isn't metallic/alloy like composite cowlings you place/bond a screen/ground plane material, (looks like metal door screen) to the base of the particular antenna during installation and it acts as the ground plane.
To improve performance in some cases they're installed on metallic surfaces as well depending on manufacture specs.

Cheers
nigel

Back