• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What? No April Fools new NSX threads???

cuz nobody will believe it. most people gave up on honda about real next gen NSX.

How could this be???

Probably because people are still recovering from the ASCC being talked about officially by Honda as the next NSX. That was enough joking for the year. That and the ASC... April Fools came early this year.

Not to bring up an old discussion again, but man - if the ASC resembled the concept sketch a bit more THAT wouldn't have been half bad. At least it would look radical and mysterious, rather than the muted, boxy profile that made it into the actual sculpted model presented to the world.

Probably because people are still recovering from the ASCC being talked about officially by Honda as the next NSX. That was enough joking for the year. That and the ASC... April Fools came early this year.

Yeah, the ASCC was a giant kick in the groin so to speak from the Honda gods. Going after the premium GT's like Aston Martin...yeah right...good excuse. Sounds like a cop out to me. Id have been happier with the honesty of we do not have the talent or resources to make a replacement for the NSX at this time. Instead we get fake praise for someone with two years experience to design Honda's next sports car. Good for the guy, bad for the consumer. Yeah my reaction is harsh, but to me the NSX was an exotic looking and sexy car (still is). The ASCC is nothing more than a Honda Vette to me. Time will tell, and I may be wrong, but all expected performace numbers and such, the design does nothing for me. Id rather keep my current NSX or trade up to a different manufacturer.

Don't get me wrong, I think the ASCC had some interesting design attributes, but definitely not NSX class. Indeed a more vette like presense, of course from honda the interior/exterior finish would blow the hell outta the Vette. Really, particularly from the back 3quarter back end photos, the car really would have been a closer match to what I'd want out of an updated camero. Really reminds me for some reason of the 67'ish style camerao - but again, theres a bit of an identity crisis there if we're talking nsx.

Yeah, the ASCC was a giant kick in the groin so to speak from the Honda gods. Going after the premium GT's like Aston Martin...yeah right...good excuse. Sounds like a cop out to me. Id have been happier with the honesty of we do not have the talent or resources to make a replacement for the NSX at this time. Instead we get fake praise for someone with two years experience to design Honda's next sports car. Good for the guy, bad for the consumer. Yeah my reaction is harsh, but to me the NSX was an exotic looking and sexy car (still is). The ASCC is nothing more than a Honda Vette to me. Time will tell, and I may be wrong, but all expected performace numbers and such, the design does nothing for me. Id rather keep my current NSX or trade up to a different manufacturer.

Back