• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What Tire and Rim size for 17/18 combo gives a "flush with sides" look.

Does anyone know what the correct offset is for a 17/18 RIM, and right Tire sizes I need to give me a look that will flush up against the sides of a 94 NSX without rubbing.

I'm using the Racing Hart type C rims
and I think the best 17 and 18 inch combo is
215/40/17 265/35/18
the handling, weight and look are just perfect.
however, if you want EVIL looking then I suggest you go 18 and 19 inch

The 17" & 18" Technomagniso wheel and tire combo that Comptech sells was pretty much flush with the sides when I had them on my car. They filled the wheel well very nicely and I can't imagine going any larger without rubbing. I don't know what the offset was, however, it was not stock.

I had HRE build some wheels <547's>for my 94 nsx...17x8 front and 18x10 rears. I'm running 215/40/17's on the front and 285/30/18's on the rear...they look PERFECT. If you stand behind the car and look straight down the side of the car the wheel wells are perfectly full without anything sticking out and NO rubbing whatsoever. DO NOT put 285/35/18's on the rear...they are almost 5% taller than your OEM tire and will hurt your acceleration...especially in second gear. Many tire manufacturers only make this profile but several make the 30 profile tires for the rear. I'm running Bridgestone SO-2's and like them very much. They held up VERY well during my visit to Sebring Raceway<260 miles on the track> and another 2,000 street miles so far. Good luck in your search...

Originally posted by TampaBayNSX-R:
I had HRE build some wheels <547's>for my 94 nsx...17x8 front and 18x10 rears. I'm running 215/40/17's on the front and 285/30/18's on the rear...they look PERFECT. If you stand behind the car and look straight down the side of the car the wheel wells are perfectly full without anything sticking out and NO rubbing whatsoever. DO NOT put 285/35/18's on the rear...they are almost 5% taller than your OEM tire and will hurt your acceleration...especially in second gear. Many tire manufacturers only make this profile but several make the 30 profile tires for the rear. I'm running Bridgestone SO-2's and like them very much. They held up VERY well during my visit to Sebring Raceway<260 miles on the track> and another 2,000 street miles so far. Good luck in your search...

Do you have digital phots of your car to send in to NSX Prime. We want to see your car with wheels!

I'm currently running Work Meister S2R from Japan. You can see from the RM Racing site in the S2000 section.

I'm using:

7.0-17 5/114 ET35(F) -- 8.7 kg Weight
9.0-18 5/114 ET47(R) -- 10.1 kg Weight

215/40-17 front and 265/35-18 rear

I could have gone 8" front and 10" rear, but with the intention to lower the car, I went with a more conservative route. The front is flush and I can still do a 10" rear but since I'm staying with the 265 tires, the only thing that it gain me is the additional weight of an extra inch. If I get a lower offset, I would have to extend the suspension geometry. Not a good idea.

I'm very happy with the currnet setup!

Chris Wong

Thanks for all your help guys. I will be ordering the rims soon. I will let you guys know how it looks when they come in. Thanks again.

CDube:
do you have picture of your Work meister rims? I have seen the rims on S2000, but now i want to see it on NSX.
can you also tell me how much you paid for the rims?
smile.gif

Back