• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What to do in Boston April 25-27?

There is a lot to do in Boston. It depends.. just sightseeing the city would take you two days. Are you doing it alone or with family?

Dont forget to buy an 18-1 T-shirt:biggrin:

Yeah if you wanna get your ass beat. :smile:

Better bring some friends or a gun:biggrin: I still wear my 1918 T-Shirt:wink:

Hi all;

I thought I would put in my ussful 2 cents worth in - to do in Boston??
Yes yes you have asked the rite person!! I would look to go to the old & great car museum at the Larz Anderson property in Brookline MA - lookup on
line at larzandersonmuseum.org 2) I believe you maybe able to ride the fame
MTA out to the LAM. that in it self is an experince.. 3) I would also suggest a
elevator ride to the top of the John Hancock Bldg for a great view of Boston.
next for me would be dinner in the eve. of seafood at Pier 4 restaurant or
any of the seafood places on Atlantic Ave; If u bring kids the aquarium, the
science museum, and the children's museum (is even interesting for adults)

Good Luck and give Us a feedback in April when u return

Regards Clem:smile:

An other 2 cents worth;

I would be remiss if I didnt tell you of the little neighborhood Pub named
the Bull & Finch Pub it is where the filming of the TV show Cheers took place
years back Cira 1985 ?? or so. If u ask anyone the will give u directions or u can Google the web site.. Also the Faneuil Hall Indoor Market is a neat shopping place - with a great old restaurant call DURGIN PARK with great
eastern home style cooking & great pot roast & GREAT Roast Beef and modest
prices.. & dont forget the Seafood at Anthony's Pier 4 Rest. alittle pricey but
u wont be disapointed..

Cheers;:smile: Clem

we are going there for a Acura/Honda service award event and they have not tolds us anything about the trip other than the dates and that we will have free time to go do our own thing so keep the idea's coming.

An other 2 cents worth;

I would be remiss if I didnt tell you of the little neighborhood Pub named
the Bull & Finch Pub it is where the filming of the TV show Cheers took place
years back Cira 1985 ?? or so. If u ask anyone the will give u directions or u can Google the web site.. Also the Faneuil Hall Indoor Market is a neat shopping place - with a great old restaurant call DURGIN PARK with great
eastern home style cooking & great pot roast & GREAT Roast Beef and modest
prices.. & dont forget the Seafood at Anthony's Pier 4 Rest. alittle pricey but
u wont be disapointed..

Cheers;:smile: Clem
Clem, if you leave your home now, you can get there on time to be their personal guide!!!!:eek: :cool: :biggrin: :wink:

Family? do the duck tours. Amphibious vehicles give you a ride around town then go right into the water. People like them. The North End is a nice place to have good Italian food. You can go see the USS Constitution. Do that on a weekday when its not as busy. Its a very cool ship. If you do the John Hancock thing.... make sure its a clear day or all you'll see are clouds. I'd rate that a 7 on a 1-10. No higher. You can hit Fanuel Hall and the North End same time since they are close. Newbury street and the Boston Common are good places to see. The whale watch is awesome and I think it may be in season then. It is just cool to get wet from the blow of a whale 20 feet away. They use the ship to scare fish into a corner when feeding so they get really close.

If all else fails, you can come down and I will show you a silver/silver NSX that you can touch for $75/person. You can sit in it for $125, and I do have some family discount packages.

we are going there for a Acura/Honda service award event and they have not tolds us anything about the trip other than the dates and that we will have free time to go do our own thing so keep the idea's coming.

Did you try Fodors.com?

There's a lot to do in Boston and what you do will depend on what you like.

Larz Anderson MOT is a good choice for car people.
Freedom trail
Bull Finch/Cheers
The Pru
Quincy Market/North End
Back Bay/Newbury St.
Copley Place
Oldest Restaurant in America (Just get some chowder at the bar then go across the street for a drink at the oldest bar in America)
Jewish War Memorial
Public Gardens/Esplanade/Fenway
Museum of Fine Art / Science Museum / Omni Theater / Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum
etc.

Back