• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What to watch out for while driving in Europe

We are going to visit NSX fans in Europe and I would like any input what to look out for there.
We gone drive from Paris to Geneva, Furka Pass, Gotthard Pass, Davos, Innsbruck, Salzburg, Czech Republic we know very well,Stuttgard, Luxembourg. Is WAZE working there? I just switched Valentine V1 to EU mode. Thanks for your input.

Speed cameras, everywhere.
How difficult is it to avoid paying a fine if you live in the states? I would be more interested in buying a used car off of someone and driving it than I wold be in formally renting a car using all of my personal ID info they could use to track me down.

I wouldn't want to absolutely recklessly tear through Europe, but I'd like to go 75 in a 60 without getting my passport revoked or sued by the rental company(or whatever it is they have the power to do if you come back with 10 automated speeding tickets). ne_nau.gif

Is it possible to ship your own car there ahead of time, and drive your own car in Europe? I have a bucket list dream of bringing my own NSX, getting it insured for the EU, and driving it there for a couple of weeks. Kind of the same thing that Shmee150 and Seen Through Glass, both YouTubers, are doing in the US in bringing their own cars over.

It is possible. Not sure it would be worth it for a couple of weeks. Rent something fast and drive the snot out of it, while your car sits safe at home. I have thought about shipping the S2000 over, but I think it would only make sense if you were going to be there for a month or two. Don't forget to visit the "Green Hell". That's where I'd really like to have a car that I'm familiar with.:playful:

I would watch out for druids...I hear they travel in hoards and are unruly....

Speed cameras, everywhere.
+1. Was notified of a ticket by rental car company after I returned home to Illinois. Ticket was in German :(.
Fortunately I have a German friend who contacted the German authorities who, given that I was from the U.S. and it was a minor infraction, decided to waive the ticket. But the cameras are a major PITA and something to consider before driving in Europe. I was also mistaken in thinking that the Autobahn is no-speed-limit, ever. There are plenty of speed-limited areas on it.

Back