• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

I'm going to Europe for 2 months - Help!

I would second Luxembourg, I was just there the other weekend and it was beautiful with a slightly snowy background. I always enjoy Luxembourg in any season. Weather is pretty terrible at the moment, unfortunately, but hopefully it will clear soon.

I live in Orlando...so unless I ship the NSX, I will be without, although i would love to have her there. My plans are no where near final for that trip but if I do go I will let you know and we should meet for a beer or three!

London:

I just took a friend of mine to London, two weekends ago, the only thing I said he should do, was the London Eye, everything else was up to him. We had a great time and just walked around to a lot of places. Try to buy your London Eye ticket online or somehow get in advance as I have a feeling the ticket lines will get long, and you will also have to wait to get on the London Eye itself. They have a movie showing there, called the London Eye 4-D experience, it should be included in your ticket, it's only 4 minutes long or so but worth it. However we didn't have to wait in any ridiclous line.

After you get done with the London Eye take a walk downt the south bank of the Thames, great people watching and there are always street performers out, especially on the weekends. Other places I suggest you check out in London are, Trafalgar Square, Hyde Park, Picadilly Circus, Covent Gardens, Leicster Square, China Town/Soho. You can actually see all of this in a day as it's all very close walking distance to each other. My friend and I just kind of bounced around and would stop in a pub or beer for a pint and then move on. If you like authentic chinese go to a place called Wong Kei's on Whardour street, famous for good food but also famous for their rudeness (think Soup Nazi), food is good though, its a quick meal. There are a bunch of bars in that area, so you can walk in and check out as you walk around. London has great museums but

Berlin:

Museum Island
Reichstag
Hackershermarkt in Mitte, cool cafe's, bars etc to hang out at night. AM/PM, Dante's. The hotel around the corner, Radisson SAS has a cool vertical aquarium in the middle of the lobby, you can just walk in and check it out.
Make sure you walk down Oranienburger strasse in mitte at night...
Berlin Wall
Check point Charlie
Brandenberg Gate
Sony Buildi
Museum Island
Walk down the Ku damm if the weather is nice as well as Unter den Linden, people will be out and sitting at the sidewalk cafes watching people pass by.

Barcelona:

Things to do during the day:

To do:

Walk around Las Ramblas check out the side walk art, people and food, from here you can walk down to the medieval quarters as well called Barri Gòtic, check out La Seu, which is a catherdral. I think this is a good thing to do on a Saturday.

Food: While in Las Ramblas, I recommend going to a restaurant called les quinze nits. Try to go a bit before they open as the line will get long. The food is good and well priced.

There is actually a hip hop club in that same plaza (or at least used to), but not much else for night life so not sure if you would only want to go there. I found the harbor to be fun to just bounce to a bunch of different places, clubs

Gaudi, the famous architect, has many buildings there if you have to pick only two these are the ones I think you need to see.

La Sagrada Familia (This is incomplete, there was a competition many years ago and a Japanese architect I believe won and they are completing the cathedral per his design...the locals don't like it, I understand why but it is still very cool architecture).

La Pedrera ( The top of this building looks like a scene out of Star Wars...to me anyway)

If you have time you may want to check out the Caso Battlo (if you aren't tired of Guadi architecture yet)
While very amazing architecture, my cousin (Nigel) and I often wondered what he was smoking...I wondered what the hell the builder thought when he turned the plans over...

Nightlife, go down to the harbor, there are lots of bars, clubs and lounges.

I'll write more on the other cities when I get a chance.

Let me know when you are in Amsterdam, maybe I can help you with some guestlists if you go clubbing ;)

And if you like watches, be sure to contact me :)

I particularly like the title of your thread here where you are asking for "Help."
You're going to need all the money $$$ you can muster up as soon as you de-plane! Anyway, enjoy yourself and put a rubber band around your wallet which makes it harder to pull it out of your pocket! :biggrin:

Let me know when you are in Amsterdam, maybe I can help you with some guestlists if you go clubbing ;)

And if you like watches, be sure to contact me :)

I would like to say Dimer's the man and definitely has helped out my Amsterdam experience when it came to the clubs and other recommendations! :wink:

Well, it looks like I will take some advice here and see Amsterdam this weekend! So, I will be qualified to also recommend that city once I return! Friday to Sunday in Amsterdam- hopefully it is as good as you all say. NSX is still in storage though, so I suppose this means I will have to revisit when it is warm too.

Last edited:
Well, it looks like I will take some advice here and see Amsterdam this weekend! So, I will be qualified to also recommend that city once I return! Friday to Sunday in Amsterdam- hopefully it is as good as you all say. NSX is still in storage though, so I suppose this means I will have to revisit when it is warm too.

Amsterdam is great but to be honest best visited when the weather is nice and people are outside, probably the same as in Germany. I have spent all the season in Berlin, but if I had to pick one, it would be when it's warmer, spring summer or fall when people are out in droves. I like people watching though.

Amsterdam is great but to be honest best visited when the weather is nice and people are outside, probably the same as in Germany. I have spent all the season in Berlin, but if I had to pick one, it would be when it's warmer, spring summer or fall when people are out in droves. I like people watching though.

True. At the moment it is freezing here and it has been snowing.. There is hardly anyone outside now.

In spring and summer, everyone is outside. That is Amsterdam at its best. Everyone is in the parks, making music, drinking on the terrace etc.

Back