• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What Vanity Plate did you get for your car?

Curious what license plates folks have gotten for their cars. I ordered NSX HBRD and am waiting for it.

I’ve been running BLCBIRD for my previous and current NSX, both of which are black (and not by my choosing as it was my least favourite colour when I was shopping for one due to the high maintenance).
1dc408931e1bac9b3d338fcff1838238.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On my 1994 NSX I had NSXLR8 for 15 years. I retired that plate when the car got totaled. On my 2017 NSX I had XOTTIC.

mine....vettesleak....:tongue:

5IHT TA3, if I get one.

Last edited:
I always figured a vanity plate would just make it easier for someone to remember, and report me for something that they didn't think I was doing properly.:cool:

I thought about "4 MOTORS" as a dig at the Tesla's that have the dual-motor badges.

I also thought about "NSXY AF", but I don't think that would pass here in California.

I really hadn't planned on getting a vanity plate just to be more discreet and not appear to be vain, but I do think the California 1960 black vintage plate would look better than the standard white plate since the rear lower area is all black.

Finally got my plate and put the Acura Emblem that was covered to make it appear as a carbon fiber piece.

Attachments

• IMG_3036.jpg
    IMG_3036.jpg
    289.1 KB · Views: 239
How do you get into your car? Looks pretty tight.
Before I finalized the purchase I measured everything out. At first I was really worried it would not work out. I know how close to the left I can place the Volvo XC90. I tapped off lines in yellow tape. I measured the width of the NSX and figured I had a bit of space between the two cars. I tapped off a line that I stay to the right of. I have gotten pretty good at parking the car. There is enough space where I can open the driver door to the first detent. From there I just put my head in first and the body follows. So far no problems. I always fold the passenger side mirror in before driving into the garage. At the front I purchased a couple of car stops that keep me from driving too close to the frig. It all works perfectly. So purchasing this car was not only a financial decision but one of both our cars fitting into the garage. I love this car.

I tried to get HAVNSX but motor vehicles flagged it.

Such a shame that you have no sex. How long has it been? :biggrin:

Yeah, but I thought “Have No Sex” was funnier. :biggrin:

Seriously though, I wonder if the DMV sees the “SX” part and automatically thinks “sex”. I’m sure that’s where a lot of people’s minds go to. Mine sure does!

That was a few years ago. I may have to try and slide it past again. Maybe if it's historic tagged, I could sneak it by.

Back