• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

what wax products do you use on your exotic?

I use Meguiar products. Never tried Zaino Bros or Zymol. what kind of products do you recommend for a nice shine on your exotic? thanks guys.

I use primarily Zaino products for the routine washing and protective steps. I also use products from other brands for specific purposes. When I need a very-fine abrasive cleaner on an older vehicle, I just started using Zymöl HD Cleanse. I also have used Clay Magic and Lexol interior products from time to time. I use Stoner's Invisible Glass too.

The reasons why I use so many Zaino products are:

1. Terrific results and ease of application/removal.

2. Ease of purchase over the Internet or phone.

3. Ease of purchase in person from a local, knowledgeble detailing expert (not a store). There's probably a Zaino reseller in your area.

4. Personal levels of customer service and technical support.

5. Synthethic protection is unmatched and it lasts a very long time. It's similar to the reason why you would use synthethic oil in your NSX.

6. Rated #1 (by a huge margin) by the independent Wax Test....

http://www.gurureports.org/

7. Support of the NSX community. As you can see, many NSX owners are discovering the joys of Zaino.

http://www.nsxsc.com/html/article10.html

8. Zaino products are very cost effective. A $50 purchase should last several years.

You can read more information about Zaino, with recommendations and application tips, at

http://www.nsxprime.com/ubb/Forum9/HTML/001084.html

Hope this helps!

-Jim

------------------
1992 NSX Red/Blk 5 spd #0330
1991 NSX Blk/Blk Auto #3070 (Sold)
1974 Vette 454 4 spd Wht/Blk
1976 Honda Accord 5 spd, 3 door Blue/Blue
1977 Honda Accord - Custom - Under Construction
1986 Chevy Suburban
http://homepage.mac.com/jimanders/PhotoAlbum1.html

[This message has been edited by Jimbo (edited 22 October 2002).]

Originally posted by madfast:
what kind of products do you recommend for a nice shine on your exotic?

I use primarily Zymol products for the routine washing/cleaning/protecting steps. I also use products from other brands for claying (Clay Magic), for specific problems requiring a medium-strength abrasive (Meguiars #9 Swirl Remover), and sometimes for routine washing (Meguiars Gold Class Car Wash).

The reasons why I use so many Zymöl products are:

1. Terrific results. Zymöl products keep your car clean and looking its absolute best. Zymöl waxes contain high percentages of carnauba for a glossy, deep shine. This is why Zymöl is so often the choice of the leading professionals in the business. Zymöl was used for the 1934 Voisin that was chosen Best in Show, as well as the majority of first, second, and third place winners throughout the field, at the 2002 Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance, the top concours event in the country.

2. Ease of purchase over the internet. You can buy products directly from Zymöl’s website, day or night, and complete the transaction by charging the purchase to your credit card. Many of Zymöl’s retailers also provide this capability.

3. Ease of purchase from Zymöl over the phone. You can buy the products by calling Zymöl on their toll-free telephone number. Many of Zymöl’s retailers provide this capability, too.

4. Ease of purchase in person. Zymöl products are sold at “bricks and mortar” retailer locations throughout the country and around the world. These outlets have regular hours during the week (and many on weekends), so that you can run out to the store and buy some without needing to call for an appointment ahead of time.

5. Customer service and technical support. Zymöl provides customer service and technical support through their toll-free telephone number, even on weekends, as well as by e-mail. I have called and spoken to their technical experts while detailing my car on a Sunday!

6. Known, safe, all-natural ingredients. Zymöl lists the ingredients of its products on its website, and Zymöl’s president has been known to publicly demonstrate their safety by eating/drinking them. Zymöl has also filed a Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) with the federal government which describes the ingredients and safety profile of its products. An MSDS is required for any substance which is a health hazard (meaning that acute or chronic health affects may occur in employees exposed to it) or a physical hazard (meaning a chemical that is a combustible liquid, a compressed gas, explosive, flammable, an organic peroxide, an oxidizer, pyrophoric, unstable (reactive) or water-reactive). Each MSDS contains information about the company that makes the product, ingredients, health hazards, first aid information, handling and storage precautions, fire hazard information, physical and chemical properties, etc. You can read more about the MSDS in the MSDS FAQ (click here). Most, but not all, sellers of detailing products have one or more MSDS on file for their products. If you would like to look up the MSDS for any product, there are searchable databases on the Internet where you can do so, such as the one at the Seton Compliance Resource Center.

7. Compatibility with products from other brands. If you wish to use Zymöl wax with another brand of paint cleaner, or Zymöl paint cleaner with another brand of car wash liquid, no problem! The routine with Zymöl is the same as recommended by most of the major brands of detailing products, so you can use whichever product you like best for each step in the process.

8. Support of the NSX community. Zymöl has sponsored the concours at NSXPO for the past several years. Their substantial sponsorship dollars have enabled the event to significantly reduce registration fees for participants. They have given products away at NSXPO, and they offer discounts to members of the NSX Club of America.

9. Responsible corporate citizenship. When our country is in need, Zymöl has been there with support, such as its contribution of a portion of profits on sales to support the heroes and victims of September 11.

You can read more information about the Zymol product line, with recommendations and application tips, at http://www.nsxprime.com/ubb/Forum9/HTML/001085.html

[This message has been edited by nsxtasy (edited 22 October 2002).]

I have used all three of the products that you mention and very much prefer the Zaino products. They all have their positives and negatives but I can assure you that you will not be disappointed with your results with Zaino. The other two products are inferior to Zaino in luster, longevity, ease of application and depth of shine.

YAWD (Yet another wax Discussion) with Jim and Ken replying...yawn...

I treat my NSX once a year to a professional detail (my detailer uses clay magic, Meguiar's and 3M products like most detailers I've experienced). Results are great but short lived.

In between professional jobs I've been using Zymol products (japon or NSX wax, HD-Cleanse, etc) with great results, Zymol lasts much longer than Meguires with at least as good shine.

Based just on the forum discussions like this one I've decided to try Zaino. Just got the box of the stuff yesterday. I'll be sure to follow the directions carefully per recommendations. Getting ready for NSXPO...

hg
91 NSX Blk/Blk

I have used all products metioned (3m, Zymol, Zaino, Meguiars) and have found Zaino to be the hands down winner. On my black 91, it outshines the others, lasts much longer (a lot longer!), and produces a long lasting swirl free finish without abrasives.

That said, all leading brands give good results if used properly. I just happen to get the best results with Zaino. The funny thing is that I would accept par results with the other products and just take the longer lasting properties of Zaino. The better finish is just icing for me.

Although, my skin is beginning to turn green lately. I should have my lawyer check on that secret Zaino formula : )

[This message has been edited by Sig (edited 22 October 2002).]

Talk about a loaded question
frown.gif

Nazi????? where are you?????

Originally posted by AaronR:
Talk about a loaded question
frown.gif

Nazi????? where are you?????

I am here.

Pick a brand, do a search, and you'll find NSXers who attest to its superiority.

Okay WAX gurus.

This is the case of brand X vs. brand Y.

Take a look at this picture and guess:

1. Zymol
2. Zaino
3. Mequiar

I will post the answer in a few days.

(For those who have seen this pic before please don't ruin it for the rest.
wink.gif
)

Okay WAX gurus.

This is the case of brand X vs. brand Y.

Take a look at this picture and guess:

1. Zymol
2. Zaino
3. Mequiar

I will post the answer in a few days.

28546-640x480.jpg

(For those who have seen this pic before please don't ruin it for the rest.
wink.gif
)

[This message has been edited by Joel (edited 22 October 2002).]

Joel,

Well, I'm certainly intrigued. If it's between brand X and Y, how come you have 3 choices?

wink.gif

-Jim

------------------
1986 Chevy Suburban

Originally posted by Jimbo:
Well, I'm certainly intrigued. If it's between brand X and Y, how come you have 3 choices?

Because it's among brand Z, the other brand Z, and brand M.

BTW, you didn't follow the proper procedure (outlined here), to post your photo. If you had, it would look like this:

28546-640x480.jpg

(You used the address of the web page instead of the address of the photo that appears on that page. You need to right-mouse-click on the photo, rather than using the web address of the page from the top of your browser. That only works when the web page IS the photo, which is not the case here.)

Jimbo:

Technicalities!
wink.gif
Actually the X & Y thing is between Coke and Pepsi. No relation to this post whatsoever.
smile.gif

Nsxtasy:

Thanks. This forum is great. Not only will you get help about your car, you get computer lessons as well! I'll go back and edit.

[This message has been edited by Joel (edited 22 October 2002).]

The problem with photos is that they don't show enough. They don't accurately show highlights and changing reflectivity. They also don't show things like longevity, protection, time to apply, etc.

If it were a case of taking photos, the Wax Test (www.gurureports.org) guys would have had a very easy job.

On other car forums, there must be thousands of images of guys proud of their Zaino shine (and other products too). And well, all you can really say is that those cars look shiny.

It's all so dependent on lighting, cameras, etc.

-Jim

------------------
1986 Chevy Suburban

On this, I agree with Jimbo.

The distortions and inaccuracies of the photo reproduction process are far greater than the actual differences from one product to another.

If you properly detailed a dark-colored car using the multi-step process with products from any of these three manufacturers, you could come up with the same photo.

Does that mean that you can make your car sparkle and look terrific with any major brand of detailing products? Yes, it does.

[This message has been edited by nsxtasy (edited 22 October 2002).]

Back