• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

What wheels

MvM

Legendary Member
I'm looking at a 2hand '94 NSX red/black.
Currently, the car has BBS-rims, 17" in front, 18" in rear. However, dealer has a second NSX with the original OEM 7-spiked 16"-front/17"-back rims. I can have the wheels swapped for the same price.
A Dutch NSX-friend told me the origal OEM-wheels are pretty $$$ but my guess is the same goes for the BBS-wheels as well.
Is there much difference in handling/grip etc. between the two options or are the differences mostly cosmetic.
A picture of the current car can be found at: http://www.webphotos.com/view_photo.asp?mi=1&smi=1&a=70827&p=1395834

Definetly keep the BBS wheels. They are the BBS RSII, and they look great on the car. I also happen to have them on my NSX.

Originally posted by MvM:
Is there much difference in handling/grip etc. between the two options or are the differences mostly cosmetic.

The difference between the two sizes is mostly cosmetic, with one exception. In the OEM 16"/17" sizes, you can get the incredibly precise-handling, corner-specific OEM tires (Yokohama A022H or Bridgestone RE010) that were designed for the NSX. They're not available in the 17"/18" sizes so you would be forced to use tires that are designed for all cars, and not designed to be used on a specific corner of the car.

Back