• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

What would you pay for this NSX?????

Just sold my Mopar muscle to buy an NSX. Only covers about 1/3 of the cost
frown.gif
. Am currently looking at a 97 NSX-T, yellow with 10k on the clock. One owner, chrome wheels, CD Changer and cover. Always garaged and no rain. What would you pay, and what do you think I should pay? I'm new to this forum so please be easy on me. The guys asking 69k obo. Too steep? I drove the same combo at Valencia Acura, 20k miles and they wanted 64k. Can't stop thinking about this da!! car! No wonder despite the cost everybody wants these. I'm sure with this combined knowledge, you guys will be able to steer me in the right direction. Thanks in advance.
[This message has been edited by ANYTIME (edited 19 February 2001).]

$65k is a pretty good deal. $69k may be a little high, but you should always expect to pay a premium for truly excellent condition used cars. Offer 65 and see what he says. If he is asking 69/obo you can probably get it for under 67.

Thanks for your input Lud. I was a little leary to post topics because getting an NSX is a far reach for me to afford, but I am going to make it happen. My very supportive and beautiful wife (thank god) is gung ho for this car as much as me. That was for her in case she happens to read this. I'm in Camarillo and would like to meet with anyone close or clubs that get together locally. I'm about 1 hr. No. of LA or 45 mins. So. of Santa Barbara.

$69k is high for that year. Remember, the yellow in 97 was a fairly common color. I've seen similar cars with a little higher miles going for as low as $60k. Expect the price on the newer cars to drop quicker than the older cars as the model line gets older, and news on the next generation NSX surfaces. I'd make a bid at $62,000.

Do searches on autotrader.com, wwwwheels.com, and classifieds2000.com. I think you will find many around that price point.

-- Chris

------------------
Chris Willson
www.ScienceofSpeed.com
www.NSXClassifieds.com

Having spent a lot of time last year shopping '97-'99 NSXs, I would say that more often than not the cars going for lower prices are at those lower prices for a reason. A truly MINT condition car, which it sounds like this one is, normally commands a premium when going to a private buyer.

So I guess the thing to do is decide if you want a 9 or a 10. I don't think it's reasonable to look at the basement price for a model year if you are looking for a top-shelf example. However, if you are NOT looking for a 10 car, then by all means go for the cheaper 9! It will still be a great car and you should be able to get it for more in the $60-$65k range.

The same situation exists with the earlier cars. Yes, you can get lucky and find a truly excellent condition '91 for cheap. But the vast majority of '91s on the cheap are that way for a reason.

If you can get it for less, great, but it is also easy to waste a lot of time and money searching the entire country trying to save that last couple thousand dollars on the purchase price.

Location also plays into this. CA is not the best place on average to find good condition NSXs cheap. I've heard several people getting good deals in TX though. But buying long distance involves extra costs as well. For instance if you buy the one in PA you then have to ship it back to CA for about $1500. You'll also need to have someone you really trust inspect the car and hope they inspected it with as critical an eye as you would, or fly out there youself and arrange to inspect it (again, more cost). And all this adds weeks to your search as well and it's easy for those weeks to add up into months.

If you are really on a tight budget maybe it is worth it. But then again if the budget is that tight, I think it is a big mistake to be buying that car.

Of course that's just my opinion, and it's probably worth exactly what you paid for it!

I purchased a '00 NSX-T in MINT condition with 2700 miles on it for 72,000. I think 69K for a '97 is definately over priced, do a little more research on newer ones and I think you will find a better deal.

Just wanted to get everybody up to speed on my pursuit for an NSX. Looked at the 97 and it was everything that the guy said it was and more. You coulda licked the undercarriage! (maybe later) Worked him down on the price and were both trying to reach a happy medium. I'll know Sat. when we talk again. Is it just me or does the thought of owning an NSX feel this good as I'm expecting or more?

------------------
99 BMW 3-series Red/Tan, Zenon headlights, Harman/Kardon stereo,Smoked tailights, t-signals and markers. Chrome 17's,AC Schnitzer rear wing and tint.
994runner Red/Tan Supercharger, headers, catback, limited flares and cladding, highlander hood w'scoop,17" chromed budniks w/pirelli 285/60 P-Zero's,Billet grille, Eclipse Navigation & interior Limited wood accents.

[This message has been edited by ANYTIME (edited 23 February 2001).]

[This message has been edited by ANYTIME (edited 23 February 2001).]

I think you'll find it exceeds even your highest expectations.

I second that! Good luck on your negotiations.

------------------
--akira3D ('00 NSX-T red/black #113)
"Reality is better than the dream..."

akira3d.com/nsx

Back