• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Where is a good shop near Knoxville

I'll be in-town this weekend, I'd say to just bring it to my place along with some pizza. On the difficulty scale, this is probably only a 3 or 4 out of 10. I've installed KWs on my own car....and removed them and re-installed them along with other modifications. I've also installed a STMPO brace on my car, which somewhat equates to the front Type R braces (if that's what you mean).

Unfortunately there are not really any "NSX Experts" in Knoxville proper. Some will argue, but it is what it is. Harper Acura has an NSX qualified Tech, and they've always been very straight forward with me. That said, I've only had them recharge my AC and confirm that my old ABS motor was DOA.....and bought a PILE of parts from them.

Knoxville Performance has done some light work on my car, as has European Auto Garage. Neither sucked, but these days I'd err towards the latter. You could also look up TitaniumVTEC on here (aka James). He's in the Maryville area and also knows enough to get the job done.

I think the closest "prime approved" (unofficial) true experts would probably be in Atlanta or Nashville (Although I'm not sure how much Barn Man still wrenches for-hire these days).

I'll be in-town this weekend, I'd say to just bring it to my place along with some pizza. On the difficulty scale, this is probably only a 3 or 4 out of 10. I've installed KWs on my own car....and removed them and re-installed them along with other modifications. I've also installed a STMPO brace on my car, which somewhat equates to the front Type R braces (if that's what you mean).

Unfortunately there are not really any "NSX Experts" in Knoxville proper. Some will argue, but it is what it is. Harper Acura has an NSX qualified Tech, and they've always been very straight forward with me. That said, I've only had them recharge my AC and confirm that my old ABS motor was DOA.....and bought a PILE of parts from them.

Knoxville Performance has done some light work on my car, as has European Auto Garage. Neither sucked, but these days I'd err towards the latter. You could also look up TitaniumVTEC on here (aka James). He's in the Maryville area and also knows enough to get the job done.

I think the closest "prime approved" (unofficial) true experts would probably be in Atlanta or Nashville (Although I'm not sure how much Barn Man still wrenches for-hire these days).

Thanks! I'm out of pocket until after the 30th. I'm ordering parts from SOS, so nothing to install yet anyway. I'll pm my number, really appreciate it.

Dan Hamilton at Reliable Automotive in Franklin served me well. Mike O'Brian owns the shop. 615-472-1825

Back