• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Where to get an engine torque damper

Re: Help!!

Its been discussed here a lot and the general consensus is that they're for show.

Do a search for DME.

really? I thought it help with the vibration of the engine & the life spam of the engine mount. Ever since I changed my clutch 2 the exedy. My start up is alway in consistance, sometime is very smooth & other time is like I don't know how 2 drive standard. I thought if I bought this kit it would smooth out the 1st take off.

The problem with the torque dampers for the nsx is that none of the kits places the damper optimally (in the direction of the engine's twist plane...I'm making that term up). They are sort of off on a different angle that won't allow the damper to work properly. A few kits have eventually failed at their mounting point because of this.

I would look into seeing if your clutch is installed correctlly.

I got one from Henry awhile ago when he was still in business and painted it black and it does help with P-Factor twist.
V-Tech direct has them but they're in the UK.
There's the same one for sale through J.C. Whitney I think for a good price. If not them someone like them.
Maybe p/m Hugh, he's got the poop.

Cheers
nigel

I will have one for sale shortly - about to test the prototype locally in the next couple of weeks and will post up more details soon. And it's mounted in a much more effective location than the other kits out there.

Please read that linked previous discussion.

Back