• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

which car?

which car would you pick?

• Total voters
porschecarreragtfrontmw6.jpg

TURBO2GO said:
I can't believe the most expensive and most powerful, arguably the fastest car available today, the Veyron, has zero votes so far.

Not for me either, the Veyron, ugly. (disclaimer: I wouldn’t say no if it was offered to me!)
I saw one the other day driving around in the hills near Molshiem. Nice, but the F1 is the winner...

I'm with Klayton in that I would want the CGT also. Since it's not on there, I voted for the Zonda

NSX7 said:
give me a Mclaren F1, a porsche 959, and an NSX as a daily driver - and that's it - don't care about anything else including the Enzo or the Bugatti

Bah. I'd use the McLaren as a daily.

I also picked the F1. It's the greatest car ever built. NA, light, and unholy fast. It's quite gorgeous, as well. Now if only I could get my hands on one of the five F1 LMs. The Bugatti doesn't even compare at all.

F1 LM: 668 bhp @ 7800 rpm
1062 kgs

Bugatti: 987 bhp @ 6000 rpm
1888 kgs

duo_orange_Large.jpg

And that engine bay... :eek:

800px-1996_McLaren_F1_engine.jpg

So make mine a McLaren. If I won the lottery, I'd find one for sure.

95EagleAWD said:
Bah. I'd use the McLaren as a daily.

I also picked the F1. It's the greatest car ever built.

Well almost. It's cornering abilty of only about 0.86gs means that a Ford F-150 with stiff springs and big sways bars could take it on an on-ramp. Now how embarrassing would that be? Other than the crappy handling, it isn't that a bad a car. But it's certainly not worth $1,000,000.00.

Hugh said:
Well almost. It's cornering abilty of only about 0.86gs means that a Ford F-150 with stiff springs and big sways bars could take it on an on-ramp. Now how embarrassing would that be? Other than the crappy handling, it isn't that a bad a car. But it's certainly not worth $1,000,000.00.

LOL Hugh... sometimes I really wonder about your sanity. I am sure an F150 with sway bars will outhandle an F1...

"crappy handling".... hehehe

Hugh said:

Wow, that's a bizarre number :confused:

.86g is frighteningly low. :eek:

I also subscribe to the NA point of view. Almost all these new supercars are FI. Phooey.

Anyways, the CCX and the CGT would be right there as second/third choices for me. I'd also throw the 430CS on the list. NA baby!

I respect the Veyron for sure but it just ain't for me. I want the F1 experience. Can I have the Renault R26??? Please??? :biggrin:

NSXGMS said:
Wow, that's a bizarre number :confused:
.86g is frighteningly low. :eek:

What it all boils down to, after you get past the ridiculous price tag and all the testosterone fuled hype is that the thing is nothing more than a glorified kit-car. As is the Zonda and Koenigsegg. The Enzo is nothing more than the Countach of the current times. it has an initial "oh wow" factor but it's ugliness will become more and more apparent as time wears on. The Veyron, well that thing is just a 4 wheeled interpretation of projectile vomit. :)

>>the (McLaren F1) is nothing more than a glorified kit-car.

This shows a complete misunderstanding of the term kit car, which means combining an existing engine with an existing body to create a hybrid, if you will. The lack of engineering or integration of the parts is why these cars have a poor reputation.

The McLaren F1 is perhaps the most considered, well-engineered and integrated vehicle on the planet. But there I go using facts again. Sorry Hugh. Read the book Driving Ambition before continuing your rant.

Obviously I'd have an F1! Of course a Ford GT is a wonderful car too - make mine in Heritage Colors please.

1) The F1 was designed without a rear sway bar becuase Gordon Murray said it would make the car less stable at high speeds.

2) It was also using tire technology that is over a decade old.

3) its designed to generate massive downforce at speed, allowing very high speed and stable cornering.

Who cares if some magazine editor only managed 0.86g at 40MPH?

There are only two cars that in my lifetime have truly impressed me. The first was the Porsche 959. The second, the Mclaren F1.

I can also say that a close third, for me, was the NSX back in 1991 even though its not in the same league. By the results of this poll, looks like a lot of people see it the same way as me.

Wow, I didn't know "Carguy!" still visits this part of the info highway, wonder why he didn't say hi in the thread, yet voted; also wonder when he'll finally get his hands on the his McLaren F1.

And Hugh, shame on you, posted quite a few times but couldn't vote :tongue:

if the Carrera GT was on the list - I may pick that,

Koeneggsigg gets my vote. I'm not a huge McLaren fan (weird i know :p)

flaminio said:
Wow, the Mclaren is just walking away with this one. Yeah, it got my vote, too.

Need to add two more cars to make it a complete week's worth. How about a Saleen S7 and Porsche CGT? That'd make a pretty sweet stable...

Make that the Saleen S7 TT and its got my vote that thing is sick!!!
and the GT cant forget the GT

rickysals said:
if the Carrera GT was on the list - I may pick that,

Koeneggsigg gets my vote. I'm not a huge McLaren fan (weird i know :p)

+1!! Totally agree... McLaren F1 and Pagani Zonda never did it for me when it comes to feelings, I'm probably weird too. CGT ftw!

Acura NsX Pilot said:

is this the F1 the person you know just picked up? that's just absolutely amazing...

i see that the picture was taken in ny...just amazing...and i'm assuming that's your nsx in the background.

talk about a true enthusiast...driving a mclaren f1 in the rain. just purely and simply amazing.

Back