• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Which wheel would you pick?

Which wheel do you prefer?

• Total voters
Also, why not run 18/18 with the Volk G25 ... that is such a delicate looking rim that would suit the 02 ...

Paul

Hmmm... Hadn't thought of that... This is a SUPER LIGHT forged wheel. Also very pricey, but what about tires for 18/18? I haven't looked into that.

Dave, buy the advans. Keep the 02 wheels and use a spacer to function as a spare. I would only carry it in the car if going far away from home. Otherwise just take a flatbed tow to your house where you can put your 02 wheels back on while waiting for a replacement tire for the advans- chances are it won't be in stock at your local tire shop. Once you get quality aftermarket wheels I'm not sure if the stockers will keep you interested. As much as we all love them, they can get old especially due to their 7-9" widths. The advans seem to one of the few wheels that offer both performance and aesthetics upgrade over the oem wheels. All the other 10" wide wheels seem to be way heavy. A heavy wheel would be a disgrace on your car considering your suspension!

What other ultra lightweight wheels are their out there that you're considering?

Also, someone was using a spare from an RX8 and it worked out pretty well from what I remember.

Last edited:
RX8? Interesting I will look into it.

I agree with you Nero, but I don't get this:

Once you get quality aftermarket wheels I'm not sure if the stockers will keep you interested. As much as we all love them, they can get old especially due to their 7-9" widths.

What's the problem with 7-9?

Don't forget the OEM wheel is forged. No matter how fancy they make a casting process sound, it's still cast and there is a big difference. The Volk G25 is forged and I believe the 19" is under 20.

Maybe that's just me, I like the oem wheels and realize they are quality wheels but the widths are pretty conservative. If the oem wheels were 17x8/18x10 forged and weighed as much as the NSX-R wheels then THAT would be a formidable wheel. The stock 02 wheels look tiny on a dropped car and even with spacers, they don't look "right" to me. I think there are better wheels out there for the price, offering better performance, looks, and strength.

Maybe that's just me, I like the oem wheels and realize they are quality wheels but the widths are pretty conservative. If the oem wheels were 17x8/18x10 forged and weighed as much as the NSX-R wheels then THAT would be a formidable wheel. The stock 02 wheels look tiny on a dropped car and even with spacers, they don't look "right" to me. I think there are better wheels out there for the price, offering better performance, looks, and strength.

The widths ae right for the size of tires that fit on the car. So we get advans in 8 for front and 10 rear, but those are not necessary at all for the tires used on the car. Not even a 265. It just adds extra weight. Only reason I am going with it is the offsets are more proper. The 02 wheels don't look tiny to me at all, in fact they look larger than a lot of 18's with lips and much more stylish. If the advans came in a wider variety of offsets, I would choose 7.5 and 9.5. If they were forged, they would be almost perfect.

Guys I am not sure if the spare will fit with the spacer. That was assumption on my part, and as some of you are saying I was wrong. I thought the spare was 17. If its smaller it definitely will not fit the caliper and my spare is then, useless.

Is there a more appropriate 17" spare out there? What about an extra wheel from another Acura/Honda?

1991-1996 NSX spare is 15", the 1997-2005 spare is 16".

Hugh figured out that the Mazda RX-8 spare tire fits the NSX when you bore out the center. Requires a 15mm spacer too(or 3mm spacer for the rear).
He discusses his findings here:
http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=125765
attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
Wow you just saved me a lot of time. Thanks.

Dave... for as much as i love the RS and RSII.... those wedsport hands down

Weds are not a great wheel. The offsets a off, they are heavier, they are more expensive?

Now they say RSII won't be here until October.

Advans. But I think black wheels get washed out more and you don't really see the detail of the wheel. And I don't think your calipers will be noticed at all.

Basically blacked out wheels draws more attention to the car which is fine if that's what you want but if you have a really beautiful wheel and want to show it off black is not the right color. IMO

^^ This

That's why I don't like the weds. Gorgeous design and only flat black or those weird blue/reds.

Back