• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Who's coming to Texas for F1?

Anyone have any more pics to share?

I would love to make it down for the race next year.

View from our section early on Friday morning, before FP1.

Clear view of T12, T13, T14, T15, T16 and the entry into T17. Highly recommend if you are considering attending any race event at the venue in the future. Well worth the $$$ IMHO.

Attachments

• DSC01613.jpg
    DSC01613.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 87
Where were u seating Ken?

I was supposed to seat in Turn 4 BUT was in Turn 12 for Qualifying GA field by Turn 2 for the start and a couple of other places. Never ended up seating in my seat.

Let me know if you are coming to Grand Am or F1 next year. Lets meet up for a drink.

I'll post pics eventually. Got back yesterday and worked today and will work tomorrow. Maybe post some pics during the long weekend.

Wore my NSX Prime shirt both Saturday and Sunday hoping to run into NSX'ers but no takers. Saw a blue NSX in Parking Lot L.

Wow, what an event. Fantastic facility, staff was very well-trained and hospitable. Unreal. Totally worth the scratch to get there and for the tickets. F1 is truly a sensory experience. The organizers and the track designers totally nailed it. Didn't get to experience downtown Austin and the street parties like I did in Montreal but it was awesome nonetheless.

This was my third F1: Indy (inaugural) 2000, Montreal 2003, now Austin 2012. This easily rivaled the other two I attended.

Only problem was a two-hour wait to exit Lot L. Other than that the entire weekend was unreal, highly recommend to anyone contemplating witnessing F1 in person. The noise, the venue, the sights, whoa.

I was so glad I got to hear the NA version of F1 cars one last time before they switch to turbo power. (Don't think I'll be able to get to F1 in 2013 - there's already one IOU in the family till especially since I'm already committed to the Rolex next year.)

Austin organizers represented America extremely well. World class facility, indeed. Very, very well-done!

Where were u seating Ken?

I was supposed to seat in Turn 4 BUT was in Turn 12 for Qualifying GA field by Turn 2 for the start and a couple of other places. Never ended up seating in my seat.

Let me know if you are coming to Grand Am or F1 next year. Lets meet up for a drink.

THREAD HIJACK ALERT!

Ritesh, does your sig mean you own a McLaren?!? NICE!

4.jpg7.jpg5.jpg6.jpg2.jpg3.jpgF1.jpg

So, I'm pretty late getting around to some photos from the Austin race.

One of the tire change rigs with tire guns artfully posed.

Everyone was down by Red Bull and Ferrari and I just happened to be the only one standing at the Williams pit when Frank Williams rolled out and checked each car. He was probably gone within 45 seconds.

Michael's engineer showing off his steering wheel just before the race and a closeup

Looking down on one of the pits.

A couple of familiar looking guys waiting to interview someone.

Looking from pit row up the hill to Turn 1 early race morning

Sulley

Moto GP coming up soon. As much as I enjoy F1 and had a great time at the track, this one should be even better. Less crowds and more action. I have my tail gating system down to a science. $89 for the entire weekend??! I'd go every month if I could.

I was there last year with a lot of the turbo Miata / Megasquirt crew, with any luck I'll drive my NSX to the grand prix this year!

Back