• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Why I am selling my cherished NSX

Wow, I did not post here for the last 3 years... from time to time I do check the "NSX successor" and the "Off Topic" section.

But this post (1 year old! ...I know) deserved a login! :rolleyes:

Ken, I e-know you since the mailing list golden-era (1998?) and we even did some real world interaction (am I wrong or you have my second's NSX Honda wheelcaps on the car? ;) ) with you. Reading you are selling the NSX makes me realize how everything has an end. I was an NSX owner for 7 years, I owned three different NSXs (and totaled one...). I used to be constantly 5th-6th on the top NSX posters around here. My second NSX is still owned and cherished by an active member of the board (yo Martin).

But one day, my desire for the NSX ended. I never thought it could have happened during at least the first 6 years of ownership. But it did. All of a sudden I realized I was niot driving it enough and even when driving it the feelings I used to live wore off. From time to time I would love to take a NSX for a drive, but not for the performance, speed, look or the status that comes with driving one. It's just something nostalgic. I was 25 when I bought my first, back then my life was (probably?) easier and for sure sooo different... we do not get attached to objects, but we do to the emotions we remember because of them.

Good luck with your sale Ken!

nicely said,good to see you still lurk.

Back