• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

WIC practice session

that's amazing. A 9-second bike needs about 200 hp to push 500 lbs (bike+rider). Or about a NASCAR motor to push a 2000 lb car.

Where does a FOCUS put a motor that can put out that kind of power, even with a blower and 200-shot nitrous, that's still a LOT.

Was the FOCUS street-able ?

I don't get it then -- why do they even spend the time and money to make this even look like a FOCUS? Even has headlights, which just add weight?

Seems to me that there are more efficient shapes to go for. It COULD end up looking like another Mosler Raptor, but thats another story.

dswartz , looks like the same car.

nsx1164 , they make it look like a Focus for the same reason every car company makes their race cars look like something they sell. Why do race Corvettes look like Corvettes? Why does NASCAR use production shapes? Look at all the cars in Trans Am, etc. that run bodies that look like production cars. That's how you get car companies to spend money on racing.

Originally posted by David:
nsx1164 , they make it look like a Focus for the same reason every car company makes their race cars look like something they sell. Why do race Corvettes look like Corvettes? Why does NASCAR use production shapes? Look at all the cars in Trans Am, etc. that run bodies that look like production cars. That's how you get car companies to spend money on racing.

Thanks David

Factory makes their racecars look like production cars to sell more cars (race on Sunday, sell on Monday). If this is a factory ride, then its plausibly for similar reasons.

For a privateer dragster (which I assume this is), I assume that the owner gets (or hopes to get) some support/assistance from Ford (even though the internals of the car may have 0% Ford OEM content)? At least to offset the extra cost of replicating a "Focus look" in carbon-fiber.

This make sense?

Back