• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Windows one touch up-down

So this Edmunds geezer got me really wondering.
Reading Edmunds story and the following thread on Prime, and replies on the list, i got confused.
So i got the Service manual out, and indeed, the electrical diagrams show that the NSX has no one-touch-up for the drivers window.

My NSX has one touch up and one touch down, and has al original buttons.

What's up with this? Is it a Euro-thing?
My NSX is by VIN a 1992.

Gheba? David?

Dutchy

Mine '91 has both up/down feature... I was also wondering but I imagine it is really an euro thing (headwashers, foglights, 5-speed
wink.gif
)...

ive always wondered what was up with the US making cars with auto trannys as a standard. Saw in an article that most of the car buyers in the US wind up being female, and females LOVE Auto trannys. Im not sure if thats true, but thats what i heard.

In my opinion, if you get an auto tranny car when you are in an area with hardly and frequent stop and go's (like in traffic jams), then you are a wuss.
tongue.gif

I have heard that 85 percent of Americans do not know how to drive a car with a manual transmission.

In my opinion, if you get an auto tranny car when you are in an area with hardly and frequent stop and go's (like in traffic jams), then you are a wuss.

In my opinion, if you live in an area with hardly any frequent stop and go's (like in traffic jams), then you are a wuss.
biggrin.gif

j/k

Originally posted by Redeye:
tongue.gif

Thankx Redeye..........
biggrin.gif

If any of you want one touch up and down then get a Clifford alarm and have them install a windows module. This will allow the one touch up and down on both windows. You will also be able to roll the windows up upon arming, you can also roll them down by pushing a button on the remote.

You can add one-touch control to any power window, they are available at any alarm dealer. You are not required to add an aftermarket alarm, you just need power windows and an "Automotion Module".

Retail price for a single window module retail 70 to 140 depending on brand plus install.

These modules do have a input to take the arming signal from your alarm (factory or aftermarket) and automatically rolling up your windows.

FYI!

DDozier is right now that I think about it.
I bought mine with my alarm. It was fairly easy to install, not for the novice though. The modules are stand alone units, which means they will work without the alarm. Up down both windows one touch. They can also can be made to work with the stock keyless entry. You will not be able to roll them down remotely but you should be able to roll them up upon locking. If I remember right I think I paid $70 for mine, not installed. So there you go if you really want it you can have it. Installed it should cost you $190-250 depending on the installer.

Actually, I was wondering if it could be done keeping stock parts. For example, could you just get another driver side switch and use it on the passenger side?

I looked at a US-switch this weekend, and it's different from the european one.

Originally posted by ck:
Actually, I was wondering if it could be done keeping stock parts. For example, could you just get another driver side switch and use it on the passenger side?
at best this gives you one-touch down... still no one-touch up, no ?

Parts from Honda/Acura will be considerable higher than aftermarket units and still only give you one touch down. Go aftermarket if you realy want the feature.

Parts from Honda/Acura will be considerable higher than aftermarket units

...but they are widely regarded in the industry as having the best "feel" of any manufacturer's controls.

Originally posted by nsxtasy:

...but they are widely regarded in the industry as having the best "feel" of any manufacturer's controls.

Ok??, there might be a misunderstanding here, maybe maybe not. But just incase there is I'll try to clear it up. The module plugs into your wiring harness. So you use the same windows buttons you have always used. Now if you just tap the window button it will roll all the way up or down, depending on wich way you tap it. If you hold the button down for more then 2 sec the window acts the way it normally would. Hope this helps if there was a confusion. It works really well and is very convienent.

Originally posted by nsxtasy:

I have to disagree a little to that statement Ken.
wink.gif
While the radio and HVAC controls are very nice and ergonomic, I find the Toyota/Lexus window and steering mounted controls much more logical and easy to use without actually looking. Just seem to fall into the hand much quicker. JMHO.

------------------
Gary Yates
1995 Red/Tan

It's really a matter of what you are used to. I always like the fact that the controls worked the same from Honda to Honda... But then in the '95+ timeframe, the newer Honda models changed their window switches. That I could live with.

Then a year or two later, they moved the horn buttons to the center of the airbag (bad idea in case of an emergency both from an airbag deployment perspective as well as it being a further reach from a normal hand position on the steering).

Then in 2000, the S2000 had different stalk controls for the wipers!!! They adopted the Toyota stalk controls! Up for a single MIST wipe and 3 down positions. Very annoying especially when you have to switch between Hondas. More so at an autocross or track when you accidentally hit the stalk down. But that was not the end of it, the latest '02 RSX and the '02 CRV have the same control systems...

Back